Changes vs da Lions - fark speculation, Draper is in for 2020 round 9

I think a TBell, Draper duo would be a good combo. TBell hasn’t the stamina to last 4 quarters, but in spurts in OK. Also doesn’t put the pressure on Draper to carry the ruck solely throughout the game. Changing from the bench, or occasionally at FF, whichever. Stewart comes in for Lav, obvious replacement, and Shiel also comes in. Not sure who the other 2 who go out, but a few to pick from.

We desperately need height in the forward line, even just to bring the ball to ground. Think I would have McKernan deep and Stewart as the roving Centre half forward, purely because he is more mobile.

4 Likes

With the next 2 weeks being what they are, I’d be surprised if most don’t get a run at some point

3 Likes

Woosha said their main focus is the 5 day turnaround this week. Next week is BAU because it’s a 7 day break.

Then they go into the tricky part of the fixture.

2 Likes

Time for Hartley or Brown, methinks.

4 Likes

call me ignorant. what is BAU?

2 Likes

Stewart for Lav
Shiel for Hibberd
Draper for Zaka

Would love to see our midfield with 2 genuine rucks, and our fwd line with one more tall

Business as usual. Apologies - my fault for using the acronym :blush:

1 Like

Ahh not up with the acronyms. All good.

Belly out
He wont be able to move for two weeks

2 Likes

I think he will play this week, and probably the next with 7 day break. However, no way he backs up for all of the next 4 games.

1 Like

Very much looking forward to the Saad, Cameron match up.

1 Like

No good with those TLA’s?

1 Like

Crap. I am going to have to look these up.

1 Like

We can’t play them. They were just top-up players for the suspended guys.

Arggh. I forgot about that.

Might have to be Sam Grimley in that case?

1 Like

In: Stewart,Draper,Shiel

Out: Gleeson,Lav,Hibberd/Ham

One extra tall I think they will do but two I would be surprised.

They will already be preaching to the players that todays level of pressure and tackling is the bench mark. Adding two taels will change their gameplan fundamentally.

We had a 9 day break compared to 6 day break for Adelaide. Adelaide were running all over us, with two players injured.

We had 6 day break and Bulldogs had 5 day break and we were played off the park.

So now both us and Lions are playing off 5 day break. We are not good off 5 or 6 days breaks.

Can’t have been multiple because as of last week he hadn’t played a full game.

Selectors are going to tie themselves up in knots figuring out how to justify not bringing in a tall this week

2 Likes