Changes vs Eagles (Marvel)

This is the Essington way.

2 Likes

Thanks, Bobo. Not good.

Evidence suggests that syndesmosis sprains typically require 6 to 8 weeks for recovery, but this is variable. Chronic pain, instability, and functional limitations are common after syndesmosis sprains.

1 Like

Merrett or mckay will get injured next. I guarantee it

Whatever the alleged faults of our medical and conditioning staff, they are nothing compared with Melbourne. How they allowed Petracca to go back on is absolutely staggering.

4 Likes

He is booked in for surgery. Yeah I reckon a few weeks. 6-8 weeks. Season. Curse.

1 Like

When-I-heard-Indiana-Jone-wasn-t-ride-WDW-like-is-Disneyland

8 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

It’s not. It’s a 6-8 week syndesmosis.

As for the others:

Up forward, Wright is about as useful as a rubber razor. Time to bring in Vigo Visentini, to partner with Jones.

If we were playing next week, I’d say to give Langford a rest until he’s practised his goal-kicking, but he may come good with the break.

Jayden Davey needs a game - so does Tex Wanganeen - one or the other should be given a shot in the forwardline.

Goldstein’s rucking was woeful, yet again. He’s past it. Promote him to ruck coach and give Bryan a fair rub of the sausage. Draper should be back, so he could play second ruck to Bryan.

The midfield was crap at the clearances - Duursma and Hobbs should be ready, but Duursma has a history of coming back underdone. Anyway, it’s time to give Roberts a crack.

With a fortnight’s wait, anything could happen.

1 Like

OUT: Tsatas, Setterfield, Kelly, Goldy
IN: Duursma, Hobbs, Redman, Bryan

Team;-

Ridley McKay McGrath
Redman Lav Heppell
Cox Caldwell Duursma
Martin Langford Gresham
Jones Stringer Guelfi

Bryan Durham Merrett

Bench: Perkins Hobbs Menzie 2MP
SUB: Hind

Visentini, Wanganeen and Jayden Davey are nowhere near it. Visentini in particular.

I’d expect Redman, Draper, Duursma, and Caddy to play. Hobbs a maybe.

Go smaller in the forwardline. Jones and Wright are woeful.

I’m ok with that so long as we use the bench alot. A few of them need to be carefully managed fitbess wise.

Ok so Setterfield likely ok.
El-Hawli syndesmosis ankle injury out for 6 weeks.
Draper they sound less confident so likely Goldy stays and Draper is another week away.

In: Draper, Duursma, Redman, Caddy, Davey (Debut), Baldwin
Out: Goldstein, Tsatas, Kelly, Jones, Menzie, Laverde

b: McGrath McKay Baldwin
hb: Redman Ridley Heppell
c: Duursma Durham Cox
hf: Martin Caddy Gresham
f: Wright Langford Guelfi
r: Draper Merrett Stringer
int: Perkins Caldwell Setterfield Hind
Sub: J Davey

We could play Shiel or Tsatas or Hobbs as sub, but would like to see those guys be the midfield in the VFL

VFL
b: Wanganeen Weideman laverde
hb: Lual Hayes Kelly
c: A Davey HOBBS Roberts
hf: Peris Jones Menzie
f: O’Neil Vissentini Smartt
r: Bryan Shiel Tsatas
int: Hatley, Toma, Eckersley, Scott, Foley
Rested Goldstein

Kelly is not getting dropped you fools.

OUT: Kelly, Tsatas, Jones, Goldy
IN: Redman, Hobbs, Duursma, Draper

Team;-

Ridley McKay Lav
Martin Redman McGrath
Cox Setterfield Duursma
Perkins Langford Gresham
Draper Stringer Guelfi

2MP Durham Merrett

Bench: Caldwell Hobbs Menzie Heppell
SUB: Hind

Sounds like Tim Kelly is struggling to get up for the game and could be 50/50. Oscar Allen is back fit but they may bring him back through the WAFL. If they’re missing both that’s a big win for us

I’d just like to acknowledge that Eagles supporters are the absolute worst of the interstate support groups. It goes:

Eagles
Port Adelaide
Adelaide
Sydney
Brisbane
Gold Coast (they have some weirdly ironic Melbourne-based supporters)
Fremantle/GWS tied last

In that order. Good luck to all those heading along to Docklands this Sunday

1 Like

Thanks for this most helpful table.

1 Like

We were awful coming off the bye last season vs Dockers. Whatever lineup Scott decides upon, I just hope we’re on from the first bounce to final siren v WC and win well.

Another limp effort from our forwards and we somehow loae, we’ll be knee deep in it.