Changes vs GWS Round 11

■■■■■■■ spoiled brats. The AFL probably pays people to wear GWS jumpers each week.

1 Like

Well they were like the worst team in history 3 years straight and got belted by 100 points every other week. That’s not very spoilt in my eyes, they’ve had to earn their success just look at Gold Coast

L’berger had his best game of the season against west coast, but was mostly awful before that, so not sure where you’re getting all of these >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> from.

TBC’s ruckwork in the first half of dreamtime was actually pretty good. His biggest strength over Loony is his marking and ability to play forward, unfortunately, none of that was on display last night. Either way, I don’t think Leuey would’ve made much of a difference, so I reckon we’d only be replacing one unreliable ruckman with another.

1 Like

bugger off mckenna, colyer and hooker.

im so stoked we signed hooker on a huge contract to play him out of position

Was Tippa playing injured? Or just having an off night? Just lacked his usual speed and manic pressure I thought. Plus I didn’t see him in the midfield enough like we’d seen in previous weeks

Out Myers, Colyer
In Langford, someone else - Mutch? Jerrett?

1 Like

Stunk it up. He was in at a couple of centre bounces.

I see what you did there :clap:

Think I suggested Ambrose for Hartley last night but don’t think it’ll happen if Cameron & Patton both play. I don’t think they’ll want Hurley matched up on one of them so possibly Hartley remains for at least another week?

Had a chance to watch the game this morning, only saw tail end of second qtr & second half last night but Myers had zero impact IMO & I’d consider swapping Bird for Myers.

1 Like

Out: Myers, TBC, Colyer, Hartley

In: Langford, Loony, Ambrose, Jerret?/Mutch?/Gleeson??

McKenna to midfield for Colyer role. At least he can kick.

Out: Colyer
In: Someone else

Seemed to turn it over or kick it out of bounds every time he touched it. Basically a waste of space. If he can’t play his run and carry link up role, there’s not much point in him being there.

1 Like

In: Hooker (def), Bird, Francis, Ambrose, Leuey
Out: Hooker (fwd), Colyer, Myers, Hartley, TBC

in the WCE game he had I reckon 3 or 4 fluffed ground balls to gather under not too much pressure. If you’re 4’8", you should be snaffling them every time. Between that and his kicking, he’s not doing much for us.

1 Like

Out: colyer, Myers, tbell

In: Ambrose, Langford, luey

Howlett unlucky considering his form of late but we needed to get games into the kids. Retain Hartley because of their monsters and so we can play hurls spare. McGrath pushes up to the wing in place of colyer.

Bags Ambrose Hurley
Kelly Hartley Dea

McGrath jobe hepp
Luey zerret zaha

Fanta JD bj
Tippa hooker Stewart

Green McKenna Langford parish

If like a few more kids to be knocking down the door

6 Likes

You d-I-c-k head!

8 Likes

Out - Myers, Hartley, Bellchambers

In - Langford, ambrose, luenberger

Colyer on thin ice. He may be dropped but I have a feeling they will back him to find form in the 1s. Has done nothing for a month to suggest he deserves a game though

1 Like

Knowing us we will probably win this

1 Like

Why does worsfold hate bird? :thinking:

Colyer started the season well so his drop off is a surprise. Bellchambers was good in the ruck and he can play forward. Stewart looks to have the skills to play AFL and his size and mobility are useful, but at the moment he’s a bit soft, doesn’t bring the ball to the ground, panics in possession and goes missing for too long.

If we weren’t stuck on trying to turn Hooker into a forward I would rest Kelly again and try -

Back 6
Hurls, Hooker Ambrose
McKenna, Bags, McGrath

Frwds
Tippa Joe Fanta
Green Bellch Langford

Mids
Luey
hepp, jobe, zaka, zach
goddard, parish, myers, colyer + 1 more mid

Bit tough on Dea who’s been good but I want to see how the backline functions with Hooker & Ambrose taking the talls & Hurley rebounding.

How will the forward line go with Belly deep with Green, and Joe 100% high forward?

Also, when luey rests on the bench for 20% of the game, hurls can take Patton and Hooker can go forward. Coaches get excited about having talls who play back & forward so even though it’s tough on Hooker it might also unsettle the opposition defence.

1 Like

we need to sort out the turnovers, Colyer and Watson were the worst offenders, Myers provided almost nothing besides a handfull of desperate long bombs

So maybe those 3 out for Langford, Bird and Mutch?

I dont know but we cant let performances like that stand
Tbell was good early but faded to nothing so i guess leuey back in
Would prefer less changes but last night was putrid