Changes vs our bogey team - speculation and opinions

Mate, please. You have absolutely zero understanding of how all these interactions/relationships work.

1 Like

Two points
If you take the expectation that BARRING injury a player is around 50 games after 4 years then Laverde and Begley are on track.
Clarke as a pick 67 with serious kicking deficiencies is actually doing better than expected - to gift him games last year was not on. Credit to him.
As for Myers you can’t claim the club has held him back from games and blame a graph. Every club has outliers injury wise, be they a Bennell, an Ahern, or a Johns.
Stewart is the other undeveloped one but that’s GWS’s fault, not ours.

In: Green
Out: Zaharakis

B: Saad Hooker Goddard
HB: McKenna Hurley Ridley
C: McGrath Stringer Fantasia
HF: Smith Stewart Tippa
F: Baguley McKernan Guelfi
Foll: Bellchambers, Heppell, Merrett
Int: Green, Langford, Laverde, Dea
Emer: Francis, Redman, Clarke, J.Merrett

I’m hoping for a win and if the good Essendon show up we will most likely get it.
But I don’t trust this team enough to expect a win (or a loss) against anyone. I imagine it will be a long time before I do trust them enough for that.

I agree McKenna is strong and with his combination of speed and strength he’d provide a point of difference from our existing midfielders.
But I think it’s a stretch to compare him to Martin for size. Based on footy live stats (I know published heights/weights can be dubious), Martin has 5cm and 8kg on McKenna.

And a lot of footy smarts.

1 Like

but not real life smarts.

And a much smaller neck

I’m not saying the club held Myers back or he wasn’t injured. I’m sayin his profile of age v games is well below a good players benchmark and that keeping him around should be questioned. If he hasn’t ‘made it’ by now he probably won’t.

I wouldn’t be putting many more games into Myers myself, but it would have nothing to do with age v games profile, and everything to do with the way we are now playing has gone passed him.

Age v games, to me, is a very narrow, very general, and not horribly accurate, way to measure a players worth.

2 Likes

Redman in a straight swap for Zaka.
Put him on the wing

1 Like

Yeah the Richmond site has him at 187 & 92kg compared to McKenna’s 184 & 84kg.

5 year age gap should see McKenna at a similar weight at the same age.

The footy smarts is the concern at this stage but I would be giving him the opportunity as he would be a real point of difference for us and he has shown to be a fast learner so far.

1 Like

Well below an uninjured good players benchmark.
That’s all those stats say.
It’s your opinion on whether Myers has “made it” or not.
That’s OK, but the stat of”years at the club” and “ selected when fit” by different coaches actually argue otherwise.

Out: Stewart

That sounds like you know something, not like something you’re just predicting

in myers please
not srs

Revie always knows something.

That may mean…

Francis in and playing fwd! Or Hurls switched.

Fascinating… where’s the popcorn?

1 Like

EXTENDED SQUAD:
B – Dea, Hooker, Merrett
HB – Saad, Brown, Hurley
C – Heppell, Goddard, McGrath
HF – Smith, McKernan, McKenna
F – Baguley, Stringer, McDonald-Tipungwuti
R – Bellchambers, Langford, Fantasia
I/C – Redman, Myers, Guelfi, Laverde, Green, Merrett, Clarke, Francis

OUT: Ridley, Zaka, Stewart

J Merrett, Clarke, Laverde and Myers (hopefully) to be pruned?

Jesus! That forward line. If Lions kick 10 that will be more than enough

1 Like