Changes Vs Priority Picks 'R' Us

OUT: Howlett, McKernan
IN: Parish, Howlett

You’d have to think this may be a possibility on Green front. Had a quiet few weeks. Also hurt his arm last game. Begley is up and about.

1 Like

Most seem to forget our recent history.
The carlton game, was gonna be a lovely % booster cos you know carlton suck.
how many weeks later, oh yeah we got richmond covered easily, we’ll smash em.
Now the brissy game and all the talk is about Percentage booster against the lions.

not saying we will lose, but ■■■■ people just don’t learn.

1 Like

Good
If the suggestion is we’ll get complacent, I’d suggest “alarm bells ring” is a pretty poor analogy,
alarm bells have this tendency to raise the alarm and ward off complacency.

Brisbane still have a very weak underside. Break them and you can really turn them over.

Without trying to make excuses:

Carlton: the wet day was always going to kill us, most supporters could (should) have seen that coming
Richmond: I don’t think many of us saw it as a %booster. Tigers had lost 4 in a row but 3 of them were by less than a kick.

This game is different (here comes the curse)

• we are actually in form for longer than a 2 week period (last happened 2013?)
  • our last 2 games at etihad have also been against interstate teams who are better than Brisbane and we’ve beaten both of them convincingly
  • Brisbane have lost their captain and probably best mid
  • brusbane are out of form

You know, i actually hear it now. Essington is due to rear its ugly head once again

9 Likes

After last weeks debacle, I don’t think we will be complacent.

6 Likes

Like i said, not saying we will lose, but it’s not going to be as easy as the usual suspects expect.

It’ll prolly follow the similar script to
Brisbane come out breathing fire and thiking if they apply pressure we will crumble.
They’ll jump us early but by half time the score will be pretty much even.
We will run out about 20-40 winners in the second half after going into 4th gear for about 15 mins, kicking 6 goals in a row and beliving that’s enough.

I can also predict the excuses after it too, but i’ll save them for after the game.

Scars from 2001, nightmares of what Brown and Bradshaw used to do to us,
Hurley’s head being smashed into the turf by that ugly **** Daniel Merrett and shortly followed by Kavanagh getting crashed in the head - Staker kicks the sealing goal in his first game in 47 years, and of course that utter **** debacle last year where we flopped despite a huge chance to pinch a win.

They’re a fking rabble, a mongrel club with a **** culture, currently stacked with a bunch of meth-headed ***** who constantly try to fight our players whenever we play them.

Please please drop the hammer this week and beat these farks to a pulp.

8 Likes

I really wish the club took note of the teams who reveled in our misfortune last year and celebrated beating us like they were beating a top 4 team and took extra time to run our face in it. Port was one, Brisbane was another. Hope we smash these ■■■■■ by 100+

16 Likes

I’d like to apologise in advance for my behaviour should we lose this game.

There is no scenario or circumstance under which that would be an acceptable outcome.

9 Likes

Out-
Howlett (he’s just not what he used to be, has no pace and no strength anymore)
McKernan( he is a small ruck and pinch hit forward, not a full time forward),
Langford (he’s like a headless chook has no idea what he’s doing)

In-
Parish
Bird/Myers
Begley (until Hooker is back we need a forward not a lumbering dud)

OUTS:
Green - Lazy, no 2nd or 3rd efforts! doesn’t deserve to play against his old side.
McKernan - Just not active enough!
Howlett/Langford - don’t care which one, Parish is just better!

INS:
Begley - reward for effort
Hooker - should be right to go!
Parish - straight back in!

1 Like

ITS HAPPENING MCCLUGGAGE VS MCGRATH!!! its the battle of the pick number one all over again.

2 Likes

nah green in langford and howlett both out

But with GWS picking taranto, he is clearly the superior player.

Lumbering dud/leading goal scorer.

1 Like

Smash these Pelicans

1 Like

19 Likes

well GWS was always going to choose taranto if we chose mcgrath, mcgrath was the perfect player for them so when we picked him they picked their next need in taranto compaired to mcluggage

We need to win bigly.

5 Likes