Changes Vs Priority Picks 'R' Us

I find no joy in games we are supposed to win.

2 Likes

In: covfefe

7 Likes

This is all time!

1 Like

Green to have a blinder and destroy his old side

Reminding us whenever he kicked one against the DONS and had a cheeky smile

P.S Otherwise could be drooped

Injury update

Simon Conway June 27, 2017 4:52 PM

Cale Hooker is expected to be available when Essendon takes on Brisbane this Sunday.

The key forward injured his finger in the lead up to last weekā€™s match against Sydney.

He has resumed modified ball work and will step up his training load in the lead up to the match against the Lions.

ā€œCale trained today one handed and on Thursday weā€™ll weigh up whether he trains one handed or two handed ā€“ potentially itā€™ll be a mix of both,ā€ High Performance Manager Justin Crow said.

ā€œWe expect by the time we get to game activation (training) on Saturday and then the match on Sunday heā€™ll be available and ready to play well.ā€

Conor McKenna also injured his finger late in the match against the Swans, but there is no significant damage and he will line up against the Lions.

Jayden Laverde is a chance to play in the VFL after overcoming an ankle injury.

He has been sidelined since March but after some solid sessions on the training track is edging closer to a return.

ā€œJayden has now got two weeks of training under his belt and weā€™ve got another session on Thursday which heā€™ll need to get through well,ā€ Crow said.

ā€œHeā€™s looking more and more likely to play some game time in the VFL this weekend and obviously weā€™re very excited for Jayden ā€¦ his ankle has come along really well and we expect him to make an impact when he eventually does play.ā€

Darcy Parish and Mitch Brown have recovered well following their comebacks in the VFL on the weekend.

Parish picked up 27 possessions and got through a full match while Brown was on slightly modified game time but is expected to play a full game this weekend.

Patrick Ambrose is midway through his recovery from an aggravated quad injury and will be looking to make a return in about three weeks.

ā€œWe were always thinking around the six week mark would be the minimum and weā€™re still looking at that,ā€ Crow said.

ā€œHe needs to get a scan probably in about a weekā€™s time to confirm the healing.

ā€œWhen we get that weā€™ll be a lot more confident with his exact time frame.

ā€œBut at the moment heā€™s getting close to joining back in training and in fact he did the warm up today.ā€

More By Simon Conway

1 Like

15 Likes

Maybe because Jobe canā€™t kick over 30m anymore and BJ is making more poor decisions than good decisions.

Iā€™m not on the selection panel so my thoughts on selection donā€™t really count for much.

Sounds like a Beg

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder. Iā€™d forgotten about that. :joy:

McGrath on McClugg! DO IT!

If we donā€™t win this game by 10+ goals I am going to rip Dan Jordanā€™s ā– ā– ā– ā–  off.

3 Likes

No Outs for me. But i feel they will be theseā€¦

Out: Langford, SMAC,
IN: Parish, Hooker.

Purely that they had there spots before the bye. (maybe even begley for Langford., and leave out parish again.)

Maybe alsoā€¦:
Out: J Stewart
In: Begley.

Butā€¦ i think they will keep a taller forward line to test Brisbaneā€™s backline.

I think McGrath will play his most midfield minutes ever this week.

My thoughts:
Out: Howlett, Green.
In: Parish, Begley.

Iā€™ll get cained for this. My reasoning around Green is that I think he has been ok but seems to waste a lot of opportunities. Heā€™s not bad by any means but I think he could provide more. He does everything OK. I thought he was a great kick but has wasted some recently.

It seems like Hooker is not ready so Iā€™d give him another week and give Mckernan another week.

1 Like

If Hooker is only a maybe for using both hands at training Thurs heā€™d have to be very doubtful to get up IMO

Not just a standard dislocation as per Conor who they say is all good for this week, Hookers seemingly ligament damage.

What happened here?[quote=ā€œTrue_Value_Blitzer, post:127, topic:10842, full:trueā€]

[/quote]

Jobe rested.sorry but if you cant make the distance 35 meters out then you need take a break

Parrish in

In the medical profession they abbreviate it to FCFO, but donā€™t tell anyone I said that.

2 Likes

Dont play hooker, not worth the risk, if we cant beat brisabane without him then we are Farked

1 Like

But a Brisbane game may ensure he stays in form or gets a massive boost on his return. Would rather that than him coming in a little rusty for Collingwood.