Changes vs Sydney

Just saw the news on EFC - not bad at all

1 Like

He could be getting a run in at VFL.

Although I would have loved to see him go head to head with Hannebery

Oh god McKernan? Would have preferred Begs. Or Fanta, or Loony or anyone. Mainly Begs.

True enough. Still blaming @Fairybread

1 Like

Essendon forward Cale Hooker will miss Friday night’s clash against Sydney because of a finger injury.

The 28 year old sustained the injury during training this week.

The Club is hopeful Hooker will be available for next week’s match against Brisbane.

"Cale was struck on the end of his finger by a ball during training, leaving him with a dislocation,” High Performance Manager Justin Crow said.

“It was relocated on the spot by our medical staff.

“On a positive note the dislocation didn’t result in damage to the tendon or bone.

“We’re optimistic that he’ll be available to play against Brisbane next week.”
Hooker has booted 23 goals for the Bombers this season, including five in the side’s last match against Port Adelaide.

If he only has a dislocated finger, tape together and play. Obviously from the old Essendon flu days

He would have, but it was his wine making finger.

3 Likes

Even if he misses the Brisbane game, probably not the worst thing.

(No, not counting chickens before they hatch)

I dislocated a finger (musta been bad - still hurts 10 years later) before the Peace Team trip to the AFL International Cup.
Ron Barassi was there- spread out his hands and said to me “ah… what ya whinging about… look at my fingers!!!” all crooked and spaghetti-like…

4 Likes

Fair enough too. Down here we blame him for most things.

2 Likes

I dislocated my finger and got my girlfriend to rush me to hospital. Dislocated fingers are much more serious when the finger’s your own.

2 Likes

I played footy when men had balls not hair buns

Does Parish come straight into the team after a injury? I personally didn’t think he was playing that great before the injury so maybe he’s been given another week to get 100% or potentially a run in the 2s? Let’s wait and see.

Rapt for Smack.

His VFL performances have been fantastic. From a sheer strong bodied competitor perspective to replace Hooker as bear in the square he’s a good in. Loves a goal too.

And Langford for Myers just had to happen, good to see finally rewarded for strong VFL form.

Parish with a calf perhaps taking conservative route to ease him through less intensity 2’s game.

Guessing if weather looks bad Begley might replace Stewart.

2 Likes

First I was like

Then I was like

[CBF finding the gifs, someone else do the job for me]

5 Likes

It’s nice having depth!

um, how about
First I was like

Then I was like

3 Likes

I guess this is the team?

1 Like