Changes vs Sydney

So many times we catch a decent team after a bad loss, when they are trying to redeem themselves. When I saw the score at 1/4 time of Syd vs Rich, I got really worried for us next week. A pathetic performance by Sydney would just result in a week of pressure over the loss, they’d come out firing and smash us in the contest next week. I think it’s a positive for us that Sydney came back and won, it means they won’t turn up with something to prove.

3 Likes

Flipside of that is that their season is alive now and they will come out firing to keep it that way.

1 Like

That’s how I see it

Swans fighting to keep season alive. EFC fighting to stay in 8.

If we want to play finals we need to continue to beat good sides.

I don’t think Swans were THAT great vs Richmond. Typical Tigers lost their way whilst ahead. But even so could have won the game.

Hopefully we put a huge dent in Swans march to finals

2 Likes

That article is terrible journalism.
It basically says that they will be cracking down on off the ball, non-football acts, but it’s falsely framed as if to say that in play acts will be less of an issue.

We can’t afford to drop this game. The ladder is too tight, need to put pressure on the sides around us

Swans have won 5 out of their last 6 matches which is as good of a patch as any team this year, they will be confident and rightfully so.
We only know one way to play and it has been working pretty well for us, should be a real belter of a game.

Yep. Gives the coaches and brains trust a chance to look at what has worked and work on tactics too.

I actually hope Sydney play well against us.

We only play a couple of very good teams for the remainder of the year. If we want to win a final, we need to be able to beat these sides when they play well.

I’m very much hoping Sydney play well, and we still beat them.

But we do not need to win this game to play finals… although it would obviously make everyone happier if we do.

1 Like

I don’t, … & on the back of the Swans getting up over Uselessmond, … our chances of winning this match have taken a fair hit IMO.

I had us at 50/50, … but now think it’s more 70/30.- 80/20.

If we do win it now, … the lid is fully in fkn Orbit.

1 Like

You can bet that all the pundits will back Sydney.

They cannot bring themselves to have any belief in us, and it doesnt matter
who we beat in the past 4 weeks.
Sydney have Buddy and he always kicks 6-8 goals against us, and he outran Hooker 5 years ago. So, just wait for it. We are rank underdogs.

No chance to be over confident and let any trace of Essington into our boys mindframe . Thats a good thing.

4 Likes

Spot on - showing up as total underdogs and not given a chance to win - has to be our advantage. One of my biggest concerns about the Brisbane game at Etihad is that we’ll be expected to win, which is usually when we blow it.

We haven’t won recently against this lot, every motivation is there for us to give it a crack.

p.s They’re not expecting rain are they?!

Anyone go to open training?

Surely there will be more ball work than usual this week because of the bye?

1st 5-10 minutes is huge playing interstate. Hope as hell we’re on.

Things that make me think we’ll win

• When we’ve had a decent rest we usually come out firing for 4 qtr’s
  • They’re coming off 6 days break and trip to Melbourne
  • They’ve shown they’re capable of okay football and some really really bad football
  • The returning players are all firing and will be even better for it

I think a fair chunk of the list can get even better. Looking at Tippa, Parish, Raz, Colyer, Green, Hartley, Connor, Stewart, McG. Much more scope than most teams we’ll play against.

If last year is anything to go by, we can play out seasons pretty decent and that Hartley, Colyer and co get better the more footy they get into them.

Things that make me think we’ll lose

• All of the above
  • We’re confident
  • Sydney umpires salivating at another jerk off crowd pleaser fest.

Sydney has been one of our bogey sides for so long.

This game is most important. if we can touch them up skys the limit.

1 Like

Amazingly, the forecast suggests it may not rain.

6 Likes

Out: The bye

In: Friday Night Football

5 Likes

This is a game that if we win all those media clowns will have no excuse for the other team. We are playing at their ground and they are in form. Let’s prove those doubters wrong!!

Need to shut down Jones and Newman. Our small forwads will have to really make their flankers accountable. Howlett may have a defensive role if he remains in. This game is probably the biggest we have had since the North final. We win nd the beleif will be there. It sets us up for the second half of the year. We are due against them.

1 Like

I wish this game was at Etihad

2 Likes