Changes vs Sydney

Of course. It’s Friday night tho.

I expect the swans to come out absolutely pumped up and the umpiring to be ■■■■. I hope we play some really smart professional footy and don’t go all Goddard on a bad night because of it.

I’m the most pessimistic ■■■■■■■ on the planet but if the most pathetic team in the comp can go up there only a few weeks ago and turn them over then we are in this game up to our neck.

10 Likes

Media haven’t jumped on yet because we’ve only won 6 and no more than 2 in a row, plus they expect us to lose this one and drop out of the eight.
If we can win this they will look at our fixture and start talking about us featuring in September.
Just saw 360 and they were talking up the dees as contenders because they beat the dogs and now have the same win/loss as the tigers. I would be more than stoked this year if we can finish above both of those sides, but we need to start getting the 4 points week in week out or we are just another mediocre side.

1 Like

Sydney beat Richmond at the 11th hour at their home which is not a unique occurrence this year.

Everyone else looks like they got them at a weak moment

Brisbane at home
St Kilda when off the boil
North Melbourne meh
Doggies at home

What have they done really?

Bombers by over 40

5 Likes

lel
You can enjoy your biased delusion, I’ll be over here forming a balanced and realistic view.

You’ve come to right place

Asking Parish to play VFL is like asking Chuck Norris to do your laundry.

3 Likes

With Darcy, BT, Ling and Sam Lane calling the game and excusing all the horrid calls without a hitch all game.

1 Like

Franklin has kicked 64 goals in 13 matches over his career against Essendon. He loves playing us!

Surely we are due to keep buddy goalless.
Hopefully he gets a week off. Although that would make sydney less predictable going forward.

I’m looking forward to this game, Sydney have hit form at the right time for them, and we seemed to have clicked in our last, really baring the Richmond game were we played ■■■■ house, its been our consistency that has lost us games…

If we can do more of the same and play well from half back it should go along way to winning the game.
I wouldn’t make any changes to the backline or the forward line for that matter, but midfield would anyone consider bringing in Hocking for more grunt?

1 Like

I don’t think we have a good match-up for him this week though. Ambrose would be best.
It has to be Hurley I reckon because Hartley won’t handle his running.

Hurley will just play him in same manner he did Jeremy Cameron.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Hartley got the job with Hurley dropping off Spud Reid to help whenever Bud is playing deep.
Buddy has a greater capacity to hurt you from further up the ground but that’s pretty much how anyone and everyone plays him these days. Let him go wherever he wants outside the 50 but fold back hard on him with numbers if he’s closer to goal.

1 Like

Richmond made us play shithouse. They won the territory battle and applied big pressure to us trying to bring the ball out of our back half. Denied us the corridor leaving us with either a risky (turnover) kick inside or long down the line to Hooker who got towelled by Rance. We threw in our fair share of uncontested turnovers for good measure.
It should come as no surprise to anyone that our two biggest wins have been against sides that have applied ZERO pressure around the ball or up forward, allowing us to slice them open on turnover and deliver quickly to our very potent forward line.
Swans won’t gift us that same lack of pressure or intensity, it will be up to us to handle it.

We need Ronnie Andrews out there to drop buddy. Oh. Sorry. It’s 2017.

4 Likes

I’m a firm believer that if we footy better than they footy we will win.

4 Likes

Nichols, Pannell, Fisher say, “Scotty pls”.

9 Likes

‘Excessive footying, free kick Sydney’

4 Likes

Didn’t we lose that game?