Changes vs Sydney

Either him or Merv Neagle.

Franklin has 65 goals in 13 games against Essendon.

Been like Matt Hayden making 380 against Zimbabwe.

2 Likes

With Cameron kicking only 1 goal

Got his possessions way up field in less dangerous spots. Hurley ended up loose in our defence when that happened (which benefited us) or picked Cameron up when he came back closer to goal.

In: REIMERS

In: Roger Merrett (wearing jerrett’s #20 noone will notice difference)

Out: L Franklin

1 Like

That’s true, but what didn’t help was constantly booting the ball out of defence to clear danger.
I know that team is upset on the way they played that game and would love to give it another crack, that’s why I have a feeling this game will make or break our season…

1 Like

OUT: Nicholls

In: IDGAF

1 Like

I remember when Gazza Snr would tear Richmond a new one every single game and I would have a chuckle and think “they are Gazza’s ■■■■■”.

Not so funny meow.

4 Likes

I still enjoy chuckling at Richmond.

2 Likes

Yep, the reason may have changed but they still deliver the lols.

2 Likes

Essendon is well rested coming off the bye. The team has had plenty of time to recover from any niggles. Almost a full list to choose from. Swans have hit form, so have we. They also had a tough, bruising game against the Tiges, which will tell on them late in the game. They have some potent hard ball nuts, but we shade them for pace and aerial threats. A fascinating match up.

2 Likes

Have you been hanging around the change rooms?

2 Likes

I remember being at the first round game in 2015 in Sydney, or the ‘Welcome Back James Game’ as I called it. For 3 1/2 quarters Hurley destroyed Buddy. It was one of the best performances by a defender I’ve ever seen.

It’s a no brainer.

6 Likes

Then the umpires stepped in with a soft free to Buddy.

2 Likes

That and we couldn’t run anymore on account of no preseason match conditioning.

1 Like

And we didn’t have any of that magical Thymosin that had us winning flags flat out prior.

3 Likes

Billy Duckworth?
Been driving school buses - can probably still intimidate.

Parish confirmed fit. Comes in.

I agree.

We have played well against teams who allow us to play our running take the game on style. Without trying to sound too negative …
I want to feel excited about Friday night but i just can’t see us winning.

Sydney will put a lot of pressure on us and defend the corridor. We don’t seem to have a plan B when teams do this to us and we seem to lose easily.

Do you think we are a chance ? i don’t

Disagree, must win a brownlow in the VFL first to earn his spot in the team