1 Like

Wasn’t reported as far as I know but my brother saw him there

2 Likes

Can play!

Would love for him to get a run.

Or he could be the travelling emergency

1 Like

Peeto wheres the fkg team?

SCG is probably the best ground for Hooker to miss.

Would be good to see Stewart and Daniher play the key tall roles, and if Begley comes in then the hybrid, power mid sized forward.

We need hooker more than ever at the SCG, we’re gonna be bombing it forward all day. This is one we could go without stewart for.

3 Likes

That’d be my thought. Lead up 3rd tall less likely at the SCG than a goal square clunk merchant.

Joey/Stewart can operate in the goal square forward 30m zone.

Begley offers a lead up if needed, but then also defnesive pressure to keep the ball inside 50.

Having 3 very tall players on the SCG is not the way to go.

Yes Hooker in the team is a much better team, but if he was to miss a game this year, it’d be at the SCG.

2 Likes

If you want a clunk for a clunk, I’d bring in McKernan.
If you want to push tippa and raz further up the ground, then you bring in Begley.

2 Likes

I agree accept I’d have Chook in the square any day of the week over Stewart. Stewart is your lead up type. He’s extremely athletic but he’s not, at least not yet anyway, a contested marking beast. Hooker deep, Joe up the ground, Begley playing the lead up role would be my preferred.
But we don’t have him so it’s not really worth discussing.

In: FRIDGE!

FAP FAP FAP

1 Like

It could well have been that Stewart was going to get dropped for Begley anyway based on opposition/ground. Pace/pressure has done Swans over recently.

Hooker a clear upgrade on Stewart but huge opportunity for him here. Mobility of JD and Stewart ideal though. And a whole bunch of rabid smalls around them, Begley loves to tackle also.

I can’t imagine Stewart being dropped for tactical reasons.

He was good last week.

Anyone else notice Parish was posting an Instagram story from a cafe at the same time as the rest of the team was flying to Sydney? Those tend to be in real time. RIP Darcy?

1 Like

there was a suggestion this morning on SEN that he was in doubt.

you’re all stalkers.

4 Likes

Julian De Stoop reporting that Myers was not on flight either but Langford, Begley, Dea and McKernan all were

4 Likes