Changes vs the Suns - speculation for 2020 round 11

We played to many talls at the back.
McKenna can go back to the defence and do what he is told.
Out: Francis
In: Clarke (won’t happen)

4 brain fades cost us shots on goal

absolute moron with ball in hand

2 Likes

Ridley is going to miss isn’t he? the one player we couldn’t afford to lose fck we are cursed.

Out: Townsend,Cutler,Tippa
In: Mozzie…oh i dont farkin know we got 1/10th of fark all faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark

I’m angry man

AAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Really worried about this game now

Suns with the extra day break in what is a short time between games as is and we had a wet day slog that went to death.

Praying that Ridley is ok.

Hard to gauge who will be able to get up for the game but I would expect that Draper maybe will simply be rotated out for Belly and then Draper back for Saints

We don’t have much else really in reserve that are going to make any significant impact.

Moz to debut perhaps

2 Likes

In: Anyone on the list and fit and hasn’t played this year

Out: take your pick

Leigh Tudor reckons in the scratch match everyone played there role as usual

5 Likes

Hate to say but given the short turn around it might be worth resting Draper so he’s got a full week til the St Kilda game a few days later on the Sunday.

2 Likes

Good post.

I know many have his papers stamped but I don’t see any reason not to try Begley for a block as a rotating forward/mid. He can’t do any worse and we simply must find a forward.

And it really is time for the Mozzie to debut.

2 Likes

Out: Draper (rested short turnaround), McKernan, Ridley (inj), Townsend (inj), BZK (rested/inj), Cutler, Stewart, McKenna

In: Phillips, Mozzie, Gown, Crauford, Begley, Clarke, Ham, McQuinlan

Lineup

B: Saad Francis McQuinlan
HB: Redman Hurley Guelfi
C: Merrett Tippa Ham
HF: Snelling Gown Mozzie
FF: Zaka Crauford Langford
Foll: Phillips Begley Merrett

Bench: Parish McGrath Clarke Smith

I’d be wielding the axe and setting up for next year. Game time at the level is precious and as such we need to use it wisely.

McKenna, have another game off and decide if you want to be here, if he even says I don’t Know I’d drive him to the airport that day and end his contract. Replace him with McQuinlan, he actually wants to be here and could be a replacement with experience.

McKernan is done, spend the game time giving Gown a crack. Can’t be worse on the football side and hopefully wouldn’t give away the frees.

Drapes is coming off a knee and our small highlight for the year, let’s not break him with a short turnaround. Phillips in for him, Crauford forward to pinch hit or replace should Phillips fail.

Bring mozzie in, leave him in, start setting him up for a breakout next year.

Begley and Clarke in to put some size around the footy, I’m so friggin sick of being bullied and seeing our smaller players having to put in huge physical effort to compete.

Ham for cutler, I’m not as critical as some are here on cutler, I think he’d be a good player in a good side, but we are not that yet and Ham has more to offer at this point.

Tippa to play centre for the whole game, we need him to be better upfield and know what the endurance requirements are for next year. Give him the responsibility and a chance to not be stuck in the forward wasteland for a while, it’s hurting him.

Ridley, Towner and BZK injury on a short turnaround.

I’d also get Hurley to go out there and at the first bounce run in and clean up the Suns most senior midfielder and put him out of the game. If he isn’t willing to do it, I’d say you’re not captain anymore and give it to Saad. We need to become a tough feared side again, and it starts by being a bit of a ■■■■ and colouring outside the lines for a while. Setting expectations.

We need players who are going to play with intensity, conviction about their decision making and willing to attack the goals.

8 Likes

Does he have a superboot?

2 Likes

Dunno but he is fast.

1 Like

From diabolical to merely second rate.

2 Likes

The most important change has to be change itself. The message has to be we are bringing in fresh faces and if you not playing well you will be spelled. It doesn’t mean the end of your career. It means consistency is what we want. Pressure is on every week.
Under the current fixture management is important but the standard remains.

2 Likes

Don’t care.

Might care if Mozzie debuts

1 Like

Drop smack and bring in Phillips to play forward and just ask him to bring the ball to ground.

Intercept defenders have field days every time against us

Surely time to give Begley a crack before this season is out.

Unless they’ve already put a line through him as far as delisting at years end.

1 Like

Who cares anymore. Start planning for the future and have a look at everyone on our list

12 Likes

You just know that each and every decision will be made on the basis of trying desperately to fall into 8th spot rather than the future.
Even though we’re unlikely to even get that high this year and be deprived of being treated to our usual elimination final drubbing.

8 Likes

Hopefully the suns end our season so we can get our surgeries done earlier and have a good preseason for once

1 Like