Changes Vs Tin Rattlers - it’s gonna be a Good Friday

Clarke against Goldstein? We’re screwed

No way Daniher should come anywhere near selection this week.

Let him find find some touch in the VFL first.

13 Likes

OUT: Blitz selection panel
IN: Essendon selection panel

Last weeks Blitz selections were terrible.

41 Likes

From all pre-season accounts he didn’t do much over summer at all. Was recovering from surgery and they tend to let the older players go easy. I think he’s still building match fitness. I’m not sure if resting him will help with that or delay it? At least he’ll be up and about toward the serious part of the season. (hopefully)

1 Like

This will be a huge test for us. North aren’t as bad as their form suggests. Moreover, they are very well structured and like playing slow football. We won’t be able to run and gun against them as much as we have over the last two weeks. Will be good to see if we can grind out a win here.

1 Like

Really?
I think most people wanted Draper for Bellchambers and anyone for Myers.
Both were poor again yesterday despite the win so not sure either of those changes weren’t warranted

13 Likes

I don’t think anyone should be omitted, however if we have some sore boys with 2 short breaks in a row (after 2 on the trot to start the season…), then now is the time to give them a rest and have them fresh for Anzac Day. I’d give Joe a game in the VFL. He’s had a severely restricted pre-season, hasn’t played a senior game for nearly a year and also coming off a calf complaint I would be super cautious with him.

1 Like

If we give up soft non existant frees like this in front of goal I’ll go ape.

Brown is fast becoming Lindsay Thomas mk2

7 Likes

They just showed that on the Sunday Footy show. What a dive.

17,000 crowd and most of them from Adelaide. No wonder the AFL stepped in and put us on Good Friday

8 Likes

Such a ■■■■, irrelevant club.

I hope we smash them.

2 Likes

And the whined about Brown coming something fierce.

The managed minutes & ZLarke selection may be to avoid having to rest Bellcho for Anzac day.

1 Like

Personally I would Bring Draper in, Belly out for a rest. If Draper plays the house down he plays Anzac Day. 6 days isn’t a big issue for a young bloke.

7 Likes

I can’t recall much angst against Brown but will take your word for it. Most of the anger was directed at Francis’ omission and Myers golden ticket I thought aswell as Bellchambers really struggling in the opening 3 rounds

1 Like

Belly for Draper is a must. We need him to be firing for ANZAC day, not lethargic. Great chance to give Draper a taste. If he performs better than Clarke then he stays in Clarke for Belly.

Myers for D Clarke as we need to be able to match their inside midfield intensity.

2 Likes

So did Brown get reported for staging? That is still a rule isn’t it, or did they take it off the books after using it against one of our players?

2 Likes

INS: balance

OUTS: unbalance

Leroy Jetta was the only one ever booked for it and he didn’t even stage.

It absolutely stuffed his confidence from then on.

4 Likes

In: Steinberg

6 Likes