Changes Vs Tin Rattlers - it’s gonna be a Good Friday

Who knows. Pick our least important role. I reckon itll come into consideration though at some stage

May be wrong, but I don’t think there is any way we play two and JD.

3 Likes

No change. Except maybe Draper.

Oh, is he? Well, it would help if he were out.

You could only do it by dropping Brown.

(Shout out to anyone dropping Brown right now)

1 Like

Myers perhaps - let the cuts heal, and have him with fresh legs for Anzac Day.

Stringer in the guts vs Cunnington.

With JD doing some rucking, both Belly in particular and Clarke can have an easier workload. Also able to manage JD effectively with bench time.

No way does Brown get dropped. His game was vitally important for the side getting the win.

3 Likes

I hope North bring in Red Og Murphy .

Just cos.

agree

stringer in the Myers role
allows for more talls in forwardline.

but they have said Myers is ok, so unlikely they will drop him.

Keep Stringer as 90% forward with spurts at center bounces. No need to get all cute with a player who was an All Australian forward.

Keep it simple

No JD this week. Give him 1/2 to 3/4 of a game at VFL level, and if he gets through unscathed, reassess. If he finds his touch and kicks 4 + goals, he enters consideration for ANZAC day. Less than being cherry ripe, he should go around again in the VFL for a full game, so he ready for the Cats. l know people are anxious for his imminent return and so am l, but l don’t want him breaking don again. He also needs to find some touch through a bit of match practice. There is no need to rush him in, especially not against Norf.

5 Likes

All these people saying no to playing JD.

How good did Hooker play this week just gone returning from a calf injury.

5 Likes

Can’t wait to see Joey back up and firing and he’s a star, like others have said needs a run in the twos to regain some match fitness and touch. Hooker coming back was great no doubt but it’s a lot easier to transition back as a defender, where as playing as a key forward the craft does tend to take a lot longer to get up to speed. Like to see maybe 50-60% game time in the vfl and seeing how he gets through get him up and about for Anzac day

1 Like

True. And I think Joe had more prep that Hooker given that he played the 2 JLTs so maybe we can treat it as just a normal 5 week injury given that he was fully fit prior to that from all reports

1 Like

hi guys

I will have the changes as usual fairly soon

20 Likes

Should we be concerned that you get them so easily?

JD is our best player. Shouldn’t be coming back via the twos anymore than James Hird should have.

no-just thankful

16 Likes

Get him in! I’ve said it before but Richmond put Lynch straight in without any JLT and no games for a very long time. Hooker is another good example. If your best players are fit then put them on the park. Worst case scenario he takes the best defender and Stringer, Walla, Raz, Brown etc etc get a little more space.

3 Likes

As much as we like to know changes ahead of time not so sure the club would be.

4 Likes

Exactly
If you Tarrant or Thompson who are you more concerned about Brown and Clarke.
or Brown and Daniher
Or Brown, Daniher & Clarke
would stretch their tall defenders and mean Brown can pretty much do what ever he likes.

2 Likes