B: Saad Hooker Ambrose
Hb: Redman Hurley McKenna
C: McGrath Heppell Guelfi
Hf: Zaharakis Daniher Stringer
F: Tippa Bellchambers Fantasia
R: Draper Shiel Merrrett
Int Parish Smith Ridley Baguley

Emg: Francis, Langford, Begley, Mynott

Would love to dump baguley for Begley, but he probably needs 1 more week and as others said Baguley did kick 3 goals.

If Smith is out, I would probably bring Begley in.

BRING

DRAPER

IN

3 Likes

Doesn’t have to be, now.
Rule changed a year or two back.

2 Likes

VFL watchers, did anyone in the Maggoos put their hand up, and say ‘pick me’?

Not really to be honest. It was a pretty even performance with few standouts across the 4 quarters. Draper and McNiece were the best but we don’t really have an opening for a small defender at the moment. Draper only plays if the match committee are ballsy enough to drop Bellchambers and debut a ruckman or go in with 2 rucks and Daniher. We shall see.

5 Likes

I should add, Begley looks very close to being ‘ready’. Good around goals.

2 Likes

Draper (or T. Bell) is not a forward. The way they paid 20 thousand to bring Joey in, I doubt now Draper is going to come in for Brown.

Our options:

1. Francis plays forward or Francis plays defense and Hooker forward.
  2. Langford/Houlihan/Begley…one of them brought into play forward. So we go with a smaller forward.
  3. Gown gets a surprise call up.
2 Likes

Laverde started on fire and would have been pencilled in to take Browns spot until he did his Hammy,
Then Francis played forward and kicked a couple of Goals competed ok there.
Draper did well in the ruck for the most part and put in a 4 quarter performance. He is pretty agile for a big man and does some little things that surprise you.

Its probably Either Francis for Brown or Draperr Ruck and Bellchambers Forward.

Don’t think Z clarke would play after missing last 2 weeks.

4 Likes

Out: Brown (inj), Smith (inj)
In: Draper (do we another have VFL ruck), Fanta

Hartley in and Hooker forward?

2 Likes

l wouldn’t tinker with the defence at this stage. They are a solid unit and should be left intact to continue to build confidence. If Hartley were to brought in, he could be the one to go forward.

1 Like

Fk me nearly every KPF is cooked, bring franga in and play him forward FFS

franga and raz for brown and myers

4 Likes

IN…LAVERDE

In: Francis, raz
Out: brown, Smith if injured, otherwise Myers/Parish

1 Like

Yes, this guy…

IMG_3142

4 Likes

If Hooker goes forward who do you want on Hawkins? Hurls?

What about bringing in Hartley?
Or Draper?

I would want Ambrose on Hawkins if hooker wasn’t there as he has taken all the best forwards this season.

We all love Joey but I think he flies for too many speckies. He is so mobile and creative that he could leave the clunking in the goal square to bellch or draper, and get more ball on the lead at high HF. Playing 2 rucks means he does this all day. Tippa or bags would have to be deep to apply ground level pressure. It’s a bit of a risk and unlike woosha to change structure, but there is no like for like replacement for Brown, given Stewart is injured.

1 Like

Francis is the best quality Brown replacement who alters our structure the least.

11 Likes

Has to be changes for me, we were in a winning position

We could be 3-5 end of round 8 and in same position as last year

McNeice and Francis in

Reward for McNeice Brown and Smith out