Chappy book on Goddard and Hird

I think its a couple of overly intense blokes over analysing (in Chappy’s case) or clashing.

A good team has this kind of conflict. Its healthy.

IMO its better to clash over being too passionate than being not passionate enough.

I read that and conclude its all good.

The only multiple grand finalist at Essendon

Oh yeah, at the press conference after the tribunals finding of not guilty you could tell Watson was extremely angry with (probably) all senior people at the club, including Hird. May explain his form struggles (not withstanding injury) throughout the season

Are you suggesting Jobe can’t feel angry about what happened to him?

If half the players showed bj’s passion, we might not be so sh*t. I love the way bj conducts himself on and off the field. You need his type

Apart from fletch and goddard. Unless you were referring to goddard now that the other two are retired

Oh yeah, at the press conference after the tribunals finding of not guilty you could tell Watson was extremely angry with (probably) all senior people at the club, including Hird. May explain his form struggles (not withstanding injury) throughout the season

How about not turning this into another Hird thread.

Hey, im not the one using the OP as a reason to pot Jobe

And despite what many think or say BJ IMO will heed the timely advice from Chappy
About as well as... what was his name?... Carlisle will.

Thanks for posting Scorpio.

Makes a fair bit of sense with both the Goddard and the Hird comments, I wonder how far BJ would of got if he grabbed Jobe by the hair.

Good to hear a players view from the inside.

It’d be interesting to see how BJ would have gone if he ended if in a Brisbane 2001-2004, Sydney 2003-2006, Geelong 2007-2011 or current Hawks side with a strong leadership group vs the Saints when they were rebuilding in the early 2000s

And to all those who say Hirdy is puffed up, arrogant and self-centred, blow it our your bums. The guy is a great person, a quality person. Thanks Chappy for saying so as an “outsider” to the club.

BJ is what he is as a person, you take the good with the bad. Players will deal with that, each in their own way. I can also see why Carlisle didn’t like him, lazy butt wouldn’t like a perfectionist telling them what to do.

Good on you Chappy. Shoot from the hip without fear or favour.
A nice clear message for BJ. And despite what many think or say BJ IMO will heed the timely advice from Chappy

Good read.

Spot on re BJ…one of my favourite things this year was when Dys pulled him into line in the Port game.

Can feel the respect for Hirdy, also adds weight to my thinking that Jobe played a major part in Hirds ‘resignation’

Thanks for posting Scorps.

Gwilt says hi!

pretty sure we picked up Goddard for all those exact things Chappy writes about

we were a team of soft players and goddard has the biggest case of white line fever in the game and the skills to back it up

i love that he rips into team mates, maybe they needed it, we’ve lacked mongrel for so long and bj was a fresh air of intensity and an actual caring about winning games (something most of the team failed to grasp)

b&f voters agree

FFS, he talks of Jobe initially having concerns. Calm down.

Hey, im not the one using the OP as a reason to pot Jobe

Hey, wasn't having a go at Watson. Was more an observation and from that I gleaned he wasn't happy with the coach and would've preferred Bomber as the main man. Reckon Waton would've endorsed Bombers retention and it seems Chapman's book reinforces that view. But, so what? That horse is long gone. In Worsfold 'we' trust

Gwilt says hi!

Tell him I said hi back

Bird says G'day

Whoosh says I must break you

Very quiet there B1B

BJ said for you to shut up

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bfg2s-BIMAASK8c.jpg

That line along with that pic always makes me laugh