Chappy in Doubt - Hardy Ok - Paddy perhaps

Essendon forward Paul Chapman is in doubt for Sunday afternoon‘s clash against Fremantle at Patersons Stadium.

Chapman rolled his ankle during the club‘s 81-point win over Carlton on the weekend and will be monitored throughout the week before a final decision is made on his fitness.

Club doctor Bruce Reid said Chapman‘s fitness would be determined later in the week.

“We would hope he comes up as he played three and a half quarters after he rolled his ankle,” Reid said.

“He is a bit swollen so we will take it easy with him and see how he is by Thursday.”

However, big man Patrick Ryder is a chance to take on Fremantle as he continues to recover from his ankle injury suffered against Hawthorn.

“Paddy is going pretty well, we will test him on Thursday and with a bit of luck he will come up and play,” Reid said.

“Initially he had trouble weight bearing so we will test that and then test his agility out on the track and then he is back into full training.”

Kyle Hardingham is expected to be fit to travel west after being substituted from the game against Carlton with a corked leg.

A late withdrawal from the win over Carlton was Patrick Ambrose who is expected to miss the next two to three weeks with a quad strain.

Defender Tayte Pears missed Sunday‘s VFL match against Casey with an achillies tendon complaint, but Reid was hopeful the injury would not have any long-term effects for Pears.

“Tayte pulled up sore in his achillies so we were just precautionary because we want that to settle down to avoid chronic tendon injuries,” Reid said.

“With tendons you need to be careful because if you get a chronic achillies or patella tendon then they stay with you and you can miss many weeks.”

They’ll all be right.

we have so much depth i'm not even worried.

What about Fletch?

Bomber seemed to mention Fletch may miss. But he could just be taking the ■■■■

Ah, I forgot to look up what happened to Hardy.  Was hoping it was just a corky.  Didn't seem to walk too well after the game but who can with all that crap strapped to your leg.

Chapman did look to be playing on 1 leg in parts of the game against the scum but just kept going.  Thought he would have been the sub, hopefully he gets up.

Paddy we will need vs Freo.

At least Watson is well rested.

Putting on trakkies & uggboots at 3 quarter time was a bit disrespectful I thought.

RIP ambrose and pears. 

Putting on trakkies & uggboots at 3 quarter time was a bit disrespectful I thought.
Must've had a wedding at Broady to attend.

Wonder how kommer and Dagleish are going on the injury front. TBell may be playing reserves next week according to Bomber in his post-match presser

Pretty sure dalgleish is training with the main group?

I think reid said kommer is running again but when they push him, he gets sore?

Wonder how kommer and Dagleish are going on the injury front. TBell may be playing reserves next week according to Bomber in his post-match presser

That's just gloriously extravagant if true.

We will kill that freo outfit I reckon. Their outs is too much right now.

If they are fully fit they play, if they are not they stay home. Do not risk them even if they are 70-30