Chinese Takeaway (delivered)

Honey chicken

Kwai Teow (sp)

I like beans with xo sauce. Salt and pepper tofu is also a favourite.

Noodle Kingdom in Preston do something called

Beef (or Chicken) with cracked pepper. its unreal.

and the Super special fried dumpling, or similar name unreal.

but they dont deliver

I made that. I don’t bother making asian food but that is easy and tastes great.

In our house any prospective Chinese restaurant is judged by one dish and one dish alone.

Special Fried Rice

If you stuff it up you don't get another chance.

Chicken and cashew nuts

Special fried rice is really important.

NEVER not get dim sims.

What's wrong with prawn crackers?

Em, when you're back in Melbourne, I'll take you to some real Asian cuisine restaurants ;)
Looking forward to it. Thanks :)
Count me in too Jeff!!

Yeah, me too!  Dainty Sichuan & I love pho should be right up the top of the list...

I've got Chinese friends who reckon Melbourne Chinese food is the best in the world, even better than the stuff you get in China cos the meat etc is better quality.  We're pretty damn lucky here tbh.

Em, when you're back in Melbourne, I'll take you to some real Asian cuisine restaurants ;)
Count me in too Jeff!!

Yeah, me too!  Dainty Sichuan & I love pho should be right up the top of the list...

I've got Chinese friends who reckon Melbourne Chinese food is the best in the world, even better than the stuff you get in China cos the meat etc is better quality.  We're pretty damn lucky here tbh.

I would say that for Vietnamese food. I reckon the Vietnamese food you can get from Victoria St, Springvale, Footscray etc is so much better than the food in Vietnam due to the quality of produce we have here.

I better plan a date to come so we can have this outing!

Count me in too Jeff!!

Yeah, me too! Dainty Sichuan & I love pho should be right up the top of the list...
I've got Chinese friends who reckon Melbourne Chinese food is the best in the world, even better than the stuff you get in China cos the meat etc is better quality. We're pretty damn lucky here tbh.

I would say that for Vietnamese food. I reckon the Vietnamese food you can get from Victoria St, Springvale, Footscray etc is so much better than the food in Vietnam due to the quality of produce we have here.

I've been told this by many of the locals in Richmond when I share tables. And a couple of the produce suppliers reckon I Love Pho is the best of the lot. Bailout I already knew that.

Deadset gone off Chinese completely.

Always had it as a kid.

Now every time I see the crappy batter, the highly glutinous, fluoro artificial sauces etc I just think '1990s safe, suburban white mum-and-dad food'. After moving recently a bit further out into the burbs we tried a local Chinese and it was like that and it was absolutely awful - like a time warp.

Love my dumplings, love my Korean, Viet, Thai, Malaysian etc.

Need to find a Chinese restaurant to re-kindle the love.

yeah 'Western' Chinese isn't that great. Most dishes you would hardly even find in China.

Sweet n Sour chicken should be banned.

Love true Sichuan cooking though.

Are you going to tell us what you ordered?

Chicken and Shark Fin soup, for which I assume I'm going to hell.

Birdsnest combo.

Squid was a little tough.

for real?! you're better than that, wimm!

birdnest combo??

isnt that bird vomit?

Birdsnest combo.

You're right. 

I shouldn't support it while fins anywhere are still procured in that way, and I won't be having it again.

I don't know what I was thinking.

Birdsnest combo.

You're right. 

I shouldn't support it while fins anywhere are still procured in that way, and I won't be having it again.

this is one those moments where I'm unsure if wimm has the sarcastica happening.... :)

how did it taste?

Birdsnest combo.

You're right. 

this is one those moments where I'm unsure if wimm has the sarcastica happening.... :)

how did it taste?

The soup was great, thanks.

But you've made me read up on it and it seems that shark fin has no flavour, it's just the sinewy bits that people order it for.

And yeah, I'm being sincere.

I'm no greenie, but when it's pretty simple to avoid animal cruelty like buying free range eggs or this, then I do.

Edit:  Almost always.

This thread belongs in the Dog's Breakfast. Just saying,