Chris Judd to Essendon?

I’m ambivalent. In general I like the idea of having someone who was high quality midfielder somewhere in the development coaching mix (not for any justifiable reason, to be fair). On the other hand he was at Carlton for eight years and, if on field performance of their midfielders in anything to go by, he didn’t help their development at all. Obviously peer mentor and development coach are different roles, but I’d imagine there’s a fair bit of crossover.

I'm ambivalent. In general I like the idea of having someone who was high quality midfielder somewhere in the development coaching mix (not for any justifiable reason, to be fair). On the other hand he was at Carlton for eight years and, if on field performance of their midfielders in anything to go by, he didn't help their development at all. Obviously peer mentor and development coach are different roles, but I'd imagine there's a fair bit of crossover.

Who was the best Carlton Midfielder that developed under Judd?

Bahaha!

What a classic. Blitz as we know all hate Judd but seemingly not as much as Aker.

In reality Juddy would be a epic as a development coach however. Premiership player, brownlow medallist, captain of two clubs. Our young midfielders would be greatly assisted by having him there.

And he is a AFL lovechild so will only help to keep those fkrs off our back.

greatly assisted when tied to another player and force fed beers or greatly assisted in the correct procedure for lifting large (environmentally appropriate) paper bags?

Yep.

Also “spiritual” leaders were also frequently required,

well woosh has been saying that he wants positive tension at the club

judd will bring that tension to our youngins eyeballs and pressure points

I'm ambivalent. In general I like the idea of having someone who was high quality midfielder somewhere in the development coaching mix (not for any justifiable reason, to be fair). On the other hand he was at Carlton for eight years and, if on field performance of their midfielders in anything to go by, he didn't help their development at all. Obviously peer mentor and development coach are different roles, but I'd imagine there's a fair bit of crossover.

Who was the best Carlton Midfielder that developed under Judd?

I mean technically it might be Cripps, but that was a pretty slim window. Um. Gibbs? Robinson? Um.

screw that guy.

Would almost be worth it just to see the Carltank forum go ballistic. Almost.

dont want that egg head at the club

Rumour mill reporting that Juddy may be in line for an Essendon coaching gig? Presumably the last development coaching job?
Ah, think the eye infection may be impairing your senses

Heh.

Prime suspects:
Worsfold: Remembers when he sort of seemed like a leader, if not the ‘cultural’ leader.
Unca: Because it’s just weird enough.
Board/Executive: Why stop making completely farked decisions now?

As well as being one of the greatest players to have played the game, Judd is seriously smart. He would be a great addition to the team. But I thought he was busy with business interests. Maybe a part-time development role?

Do we need an eye gouging coach?

TWB

The Woosh Box

shouldn’t we be focused on his credentials? which are pretty damn good

lol the username of the poster who started this thread about Judd of all people.

oh and no fkn way to i want that POS anywhere near my club

Wouldn’t that be fun.

shouldn't we be focused on his credentials? which are pretty damn good

You know he’s not going to play for us right?

Also, you know he is a crap leader right?

I don’t dislike Judd, I hate the bloke.
Keep him as far away from our club as possible.

killing me reading this.