Christmas Open Session

I love youse all.

Was Gach's kicking really that bad?

How was TIPPA.

Watch Langford struggle through the season with injury and amass 7 games. In all seriousness want a big year from he and Lav and Oraz.

How do we field 35 players at once?

Gach - yes. I didn’t see him make one clean delivery by foot. Having said that - I have seen him kick well, also. It is not his strength atm. He does have a number of other desirable skills.

It’s been mentioned before but living outside of Melbourne (and particularly in a place where no one knows - let alone gives a toss - about football; Tokyo) these training reports are an absolute godsend. Despite the fact that it is still only garbage being written about us in the MSM, I genuinely feel excited about the year ahead, and that is thanks to you lot. So thanks again to all of those getting down to training and contributing. All contributions - whether from regulars or first timers - are much appreciated.

I LIKE youse all.
Fixed.

I’m going full Oprah.

Good to be able to get to a training. Good crowd, players + Worsfold generous with there time at end.

Seems most are seeing the same improvement in individuals Lav/Lang, Zac, Gleeson, Ashby/Long to lesser extent and one for me that now believes he belongs Fantasia so that group are coming along pretty well.

Some alternatives:

Hartley- looks as if he will provide decent backup, bit fumbly below his knees but has a good roost on him and can read the high ball, tick.

Gwilt- for me is ahead of pears as the third back, more reliable in his first job which is to stop his opponent marking it.

Edwards- to disagree with someone above, I thought his defensive efforts were really good. Chased quite deep to half back on a few occasions and was rewarded by becoming the bloke to carry it back. Thought his session was class in run and attitude.

Brown- welcome aboard (I’m a hooker forward man for balance) simply reads the game and doesn’t make many mistakes. Has to be a lock at CHB rnd1.

Yestin - I kept thinking Yarran for some reason. ■■■■■■ super fit for a month old. Looks as though he could be a HB, Wing or HF which adds more line breaking depth when he gets his go. Not sure ahead of Fantasia, Edwards, Gleeson or the L’s who have the square covered, so may have to wait.

Leuwy- Has TBC measure in the hit out dept, plus spreads quite effectively. Bottom line is great to see 2 healthy ruckman competing, so…Smack for mine becomes the interesting one and will all depend on what combo they want. If Daniher/Hooker are the Keys which I suspect- I’d go with Smacks mobility.

Will finish with the main talking point Francis (Parish a lock). Cannot see him ready for round 1, he blows up and can’t keep up, Couple NAB games and full hit outs in VFL is what i think
Where will he play? He ain’t a mid as he is simply to big. Our next key defender has arrived is all I see and sinilar role model in Hurley he has to learn from.

I could go on and on but overall really enjoyable session with plenty of run, yeah there was plenty of mistakes, like rarely hitting a target inside 50- Jobe, Darcy and Zac excused, but the energy and excitement they are creating outweighs that.

Finally a Michael Hartley reference. Seems to be the draftee that nobody wants to talk about.

Finally a Michael Hartley reference. Seems to be the draftee that nobody wants to talk about.
To be fair, he still has Pie cooties.
From these reports the take home message is that I think we will win every game in 2016.

mick malthouse said he couldn’t see any reason why we wouldnt

• Edwards I love what he can bring to the table and this may sound a tad harsh but he looks good when he’s got the ball but doesn’t seem interested otherwise. May be unfair but doesn’t seem engaged when he’s not actively involved. Others like Fantasia, Z Merrett, Kommer, Zaharakis, Stanton are always engaged & vocal when not actively involved. I think Edwards needs to take a leaf out of these guys book and involve himself more even if it may not necessarily be in his make up as a person. Big upside though.

In other words, get him the ball!

curse ye reboot

How was Gwilt’s flattop looking?

Chatted with efc4ever (sp?) and we both agreed that Laverde looks leaner. He’s all muscle from his eyebrows down to his toes. Colyer looks in ripping shape, but just ran laps mostly.

Baguley tan-watch: superb.

Watched Hepps running laps - liquid gold.

Darcy Parish a bit fumbly today but moves beautifully and will probably be an early starter. Zach Merrett, wow, everything he did was perfect. He’s our best tackler, but Jason Ashby and Benny H give him a run for his money. I really love watching Stants, he brings such professionalism to the drills.

I’m pumped, bring on 2016!!

Great obs and yes correct spelling. Nice to meet you and hope your son enjoys his day.

I liked the look of Ambrose in defence in the match sim- Looks fit and may have found some speed to add to his unique athletic profile.

Pears looked more agile and looks to be covering the ground well. He might be struggling to find a position with Gwilt ahead of him and Ambrose pressing his claims.

Langford is a jet - I expect big things this year through the wings/mid/HF - he has a good engine and weights his passes nicely. Slices through traffic easily and doesn’t mind getting his hands dirty.

Z.Merrett - keeps impressing and has great awareness around the contest. His defensive pressure and tackling is first rate.

Parish - i agree he was more fumbly then last week but he still finishes his hard running/work by hitting the targets inside 50 ( and to the advantage side of the forward).

Brown looks like a natural footballer and if given the 2nd defender role I think he may flourish with Hurley around him.

Hooker is more and more looking like a forward. The Hooker & Daniher partnership needs time. This combo would have some opposition coaches worried for once… We need to identify our small forwards who works well with Hooker/Daniher

Leuey - looks agile and fit. Leuey is ahead of Belly for no1 ruck spot - Mckernan looks solid in everything he does.

Hartley reminds me of Mckernan’s first month at the club last pre season. Hartley is still finding his feet but good early signs that he reads the ball well in flight, outworks his opponent and looks to move the ball on quickly when he wins the ball.

Edwards - He gives our forwardline some unpredictability. Hits up at our mids when they are looking for a link and can work out the back and find space. He doesn’t read the ball of the packs as well as Long and Eades.

Morgan looked good early in the session & Redman kept presenting well and competing at a high intensity.

Bring on 2016, Look forward to getting out to a few more sessions in January.

A bit flat.

How are they using McKernan? Is he being used as a key forward and/or ruck?

A bit flat.

Dempsey did what?

How is David Meyers going, he is crucial to our success.

Also interested to hear about Myers - he’s very cheap in SuperCoach so I’m hoping I can ride him to glory if he’s worked through his injury!

Mixed messages? Pears back or forward (in the twos)?

Myers did not train. Not that i saw. Mc kernan appears to be playing a chf role. Ruck duels appear to be between luewy and tbell, but centre square ruck duels were not a feature today.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2804but.jpg
B Stanton's right leg looks f*cked up.

That’s his third leg

Good to be able to get to a training. Good crowd, players + Worsfold generous with there time at end.

Seems most are seeing the same improvement in individuals Lav/Lang, Zac, Gleeson, Ashby/Long to lesser extent and one for me that now believes he belongs Fantasia so that group are coming along pretty well.

Some alternatives:

Hartley- looks as if he will provide decent backup, bit fumbly below his knees but has a good roost on him and can read the high ball, tick.

Gwilt- for me is ahead of pears as the third back, more reliable in his first job which is to stop his opponent marking it.

Edwards- to disagree with someone above, I thought his defensive efforts were really good. Chased quite deep to half back on a few occasions and was rewarded by becoming the bloke to carry it back. Thought his session was class in run and attitude.

Brown- welcome aboard (I’m a hooker forward man for balance) simply reads the game and doesn’t make many mistakes. Has to be a lock at CHB rnd1.

Yestin - I kept thinking Yarran for some reason. ■■■■■■ super fit for a month old. Looks as though he could be a HB, Wing or HF which adds more line breaking depth when he gets his go. Not sure ahead of Fantasia, Edwards, Gleeson or the L’s who have the square covered, so may have to wait.

Leuwy- Has TBC measure in the hit out dept, plus spreads quite effectively. Bottom line is great to see 2 healthy ruckman competing, so…Smack for mine becomes the interesting one and will all depend on what combo they want. If Daniher/Hooker are the Keys which I suspect- I’d go with Smacks mobility.

Will finish with the main talking point Francis (Parish a lock). Cannot see him ready for round 1, he blows up and can’t keep up, Couple NAB games and full hit outs in VFL is what i think
Where will he play? He ain’t a mid as he is simply to big. Our next key defender has arrived is all I see and sinilar role model in Hurley he has to learn from.

I could go on and on but overall really enjoyable session with plenty of run, yeah there was plenty of mistakes, like rarely hitting a target inside 50- Jobe, Darcy and Zac excused, but the energy and excitement they are creating outweighs that.

You asked. Hartleys not a standout atm, and there are quite a few more than 22 players who look like they could play in the 1s. IMO, he looks like starting in the VFL in 2016 and will need to work up from there.