Christmas Open Session

No love for Jackson Merrett?? Not mentioned in any of the reports. How did he look? Thanks for all the great training reports. Realy appreciate all your hard work.
First class reporters.

I’ll just add my voice to those who are thanking the reporters. You reporters are sensational, providing really detailed, comprehensive accounts that tell us what every player is doing, what the mood is, how the group is looking as a whole. Thank you.

No love for Jackson Merrett?? Not mentioned in any of the reports. How did he look? Thanks for all the great training reports. Realy appreciate all your hard work. First class reporters.

Jackson Merret . No he didnt get a special mention. Actually, I thought he trained really really well. A lot of possessions won in traffic , a lot of clearances, accurate kicking in the end to end drills, you heard his name called a lot, which meant he had the ball a lot… One of the faster and more mobile players . He was good

These reports are sensational thank you

any observations on Morgan. Does his speed and agility stand out?

No love for Jackson Merrett?? Not mentioned in any of the reports. How did he look? Thanks for all the great training reports. Realy appreciate all your hard work. First class reporters.

Jackson Merret . No he didnt get a special mention. Actually, I thought he trained really really well. A lot of possessions won in traffic , a lot of clearances, accurate kicking in the end to end drills, you heard his name called a lot, which meant he had the ball a lot… One of the faster and more mobile players . He was good

Thanks Chris. I noticed he was one of the leading runners in the 2km the other day. With all these positive reports I’m getting excited for 2016 especially
with our 1st/2nd year players. Lid Off??

These reports are sensational thank you

any observations on Morgan. Does his speed and agility stand out?

I thought Morgan was pretty impressive to start with. I remember commenting on the quality run & deliver he served up. But he seemed to disappear later on, or I may have changed focus.

Excellent reporting all round as usual.
The main message I’m getting from these training reports is to put a lazy $20 on Langford for the rising star right?

Excellent reporting all round as usual. The main message I'm getting from these training reports is to put a lazy $20 on Langford for the rising star right?

At times this year he showed he was not ready for AFL, although the games he played late in the year in the seniors and through the back end of the VFL year was so important for his development.

Heppell, Zacka, Zerrett, Langford, Laverde & Parish
add Colyer & Fantasia as flankers/wingers and that is a strong midfield group moving forward.

Just a few things i noticed yesterday at training.

Hams: Don’t count out this kid is all i am saying. Lets just say one of our new coaches thinks he has been in the top 3 of midfielders so far in the pre-season. Bigger body and doing everything very well

Morgan: could be by the end of year our best user of the footy. Has elite skills and add that to pace could really bring something to the side

Parish: thankyou Dees

Eades: deceptive on pace. When he wants to can really move quick. Runs with the footy really well. Few times i saw him reading the play well which is a great sign. Kicking still needs some work but it is ok

Leuenberger: my big suprise. Moving sensationally. Would be awesome to get timing of his recruiting right and body can hold up. Excited on what he can bring to improve our clearance work in the middle.

Jobe: no doubts anymore he is well and truely back. Will make a huge difference

Francis: body starting to be fully right and great to see him add in more match training. He is s friggin big unit and i sense he is a guy that will have white line fever

Fantasia: was lucky to be on the sideline in front of Hangar to see boys interact with staff and receive instructions. Was told to go on the bike for 20 mins and he got filthy as he just wanted to be out there competing. I was taken back how fiercely competitive he is. Suddenly went up in my estimates on the kid. As one staff member said" this kid hates losing!!!"

Myers: though he is on sideline i can report his body is actually quite good. Small calf strain but he is fitter than previous pre seasons.

Colyer: back in full training as soon as January sessions start

Langford: probably the highlight pf pre-season in terms of physique and attitude. You sense a big player coming through for our club in 2016.

Laverde: very strong Ablett like hips. I think this kid really could be anything. Very dangerous forward option if need be

List quite healthy from January moving forward so in a good position to attack 2016

Thanks for all the training reports… off I go to update my best 22 B)

most excited about the reports of Brown being CHB rd 1 before a practice game played.
if he can effectively replace carlise & Lueneberger replace ryder. then all we need is a forward to step up and help out daniher & Hooker, and we should be finals bound.

Think Parish will have most impact of the first year teenagers, sounds like quality user and smart footy brain. Glad sub rule is gone, as he could have been stuck with the vest like zac merrett was in his first year.

RIP Myers

Calf strains not ideal for Myers. The plus is we have Langford champing at the bit to fill his spot.

Rapt that Colyer will be back to full training post Xmas.

Calf strains not ideal for Myers. The plus is we have Langford champing at the bit to fill his spot.

Myers though is on the very minor scale…club confident he is fine and back in training soon

Colyer is looking ■■■■■■■■. A wonder how he can pump those tree trunks so quickly.

<

Thanks CJohns for the Xmas Hams report. Really hopefully for the kid. Excitement!

<

Great news about Hams, thanks CJohns

<
Hams: Don't count out this kid is all i am saying. Lets just say one of our new coaches thinks he has been in the top 3 of midfielders so far in the pre-season.
Don't make me have to choose the capital-lettered rookie upgrade before Round 1...