Christmas Open Session

Calf strains not ideal for Myers. The plus is we have Langford champing at the bit to fill his spot.

Rapt that Colyer will be back to full training post Xmas.

Myers though is on the very minor scale…club confident he is fine and back in training soon

RIP Myers

Best 22 (for round 1 atleast):

B: Baguley Hurley Gwilt
HB: Hibberd Brown Fantasia
C: Colyer Watson Zaharakis
HF: Goddard Hooker Z.Merrett
F: McKernan Daniher Bird
R: Luenburger Heppell Hocking
INT: Myers Parish Stanton Langford

Cooney and Francis are the two that have the best chance of breaking into that side before round 1.

No Bellchambers?

What is the story with Bird. He was supposed to have a heel/ankle/foot injury that was either chronic or took him a long time to shake off. There was a suggestion, IIRC, that it might be something he would have to just play with.
Has he trained at all in the pre-season to date? I don’t recall hearing of him in match simulation drills. Has he just done light running all pre-season so far?

Another myers injury, theres always something, makes you wonder if we should've traded him when hes got currency or wait until its too late.

and so it starts…

Don’t worry, it’s just a ‘knock’.

What is the story with Bird. He was supposed to have a heel/ankle/foot injury that was either chronic or took him a long time to shake off. There was a suggestion, IIRC, that it might be something he would have to just play with. Has he trained at all in the pre-season to date? I don't recall hearing of him in match simulation drills. Has he just done light running all pre-season so far?

I’ve only seen him run laps till now.

Cooney and Francis are the two that have the best chance of breaking into that side before round 1.

No Bellchambers?

G-Unit Instaban for not including LaVerde! How dare you… (in my best joe rogan voice)

Why play bird in the forward pocket when we got him to be an inside mid?

What is the story with Bird. He was supposed to have a heel/ankle/foot injury that was either chronic or took him a long time to shake off. There was a suggestion, IIRC, that it might be something he would have to just play with. Has he trained at all in the pre-season to date? I don't recall hearing of him in match simulation drills. Has he just done light running all pre-season so far?

What’s wrong with him? We traded for him = he is cooked. Clear enough.

:tongue:

No Bellchambers?

No Gleeson after playing all 22 games last season? Unlucky!

Bird is the ultimate professional ( comes from a system and a club who has one of fittest midfields in the AFL in the past 5 years) he keeps his body in great nick and is running at a good clip. Last seasons injury may not be a worry but other soft tissues injuries can be a risk. He prob only needs 4 weeks in Jan leading up to Nab to learn the systems and his teammates running patterns.

Who else is already moist for next season. Chucked some cash on Langford for rising star, is laverde still eligible?

Already chucked a sneaky $50 on us to win the flag at $60. Babybombers16

Get on Hooker for the coleman @ $81.00

Who else is already moist for next season. Chucked some cash on Langford for rising star, is laverde still eligible?

Get on Hooker for the coleman @ $81.00

I think Hookers performance forward last year has been underestimated. You think right, he played no more than 10 games up there with the likes of Watson, Myers, Hocking and Zerrett missing yet kicks 21.21 and probably 10 out on the full in possibly his first foray forward ever.

Impressive numbers.

Just imagine what a full pre season of training as a forward will do. He clearly has the confidence and belief he can make the permanent transition.

Can he improve his kicking is the big question?

81.00 would not be a silly bet I don’t think. Certainly worth throwing a pineapple at.

Who said we got him as an inside mid? I thought we got him because he is a proven role player, who is competitive, versatile and experienced. He can play a number of roles for us.

The thing about Hooksey that really makes me laugh is the way he tries all the tricks to get a free that he has ever been penalised for down back.
Hooksey gets a touch on the back , he falls forward , Hooksey gets hit on the head by a defender, collapses. Wrestles, and his arm just happens to be “locked up” by the defender. Look, we know forwards do all these things, but just seeing the tables turned gives me a laugh. Every time

Getting serious though, he gets huge respect from me as a competitor, ever since he refused to give up the chase when Buddy got the break on him in a game a few years ago…

Gross. But my in law, a Pie, said he’s putting a hundred on us finishing top 4. Not that I pay any attention to Pies fans, or in laws.

I reckon Hooker’s kicking is better than people make out. He improved it dramatically after a few games forward. Kicked 12.7 in the last 5 games.

He’s the sort of guy that works his ■■■■ off on his weaknesses so it wouldn’t be surprising if he becomes a very solid kick for goal pretty quickly

Hey I have a few cool photos but when I try and add image it says- ‘body is required’.

Am I meant to copy n paste??

I reckon Hooker's kicking is better than people make out. He improved it dramatically after a few games forward. Kicked 12.7 in the last 5 games.

He’s the sort of guy that works his ■■■■ off on his weaknesses so it wouldn’t be surprising if he becomes a very solid kick for goal pretty quickly

I agree. He was given coaching by Matthew Lloyd and it improved his accuracy very quickly. He’s still got a way to go, but accurate kicking is something that can be taught and, as you say, Hooker is the sort of good, honest player who works hard and accepts sensible advice. I just hope that he’s given some intensive instruction and practice over the summer, because if he is, he could be a very good centre half forward.

really looking forward to the Hooker v Carlisle match up.

Who said we got him as an inside mid? I thought we got him because he is a proven role player, who is competitive, versatile and experienced. He can play a number of roles for us.

I agree he is versatile, but, Who said? We did, We literally said when we got him he provides depth to the midfield help at the clearances and a big body on the inside.

I just think when you have a premiership mid on your list, you play them in the midfield. I’d be demoting Zaka to the pocket before Bird