Clakko & Co: family destruction allegations

Agree CJ but the challenge out of all of this is how can anyone know or prove what was said or done unless there are texts and emails. Burt and Clarko can say whatever they want - but how does each side prove its version of events? Maybe there are texts? FWIW I think Clarko and the Hawks are guilty of extreme racism and emotional manipulation but they may get off because it’s a he said she said thing. Is there written evidence of all of this ?

There are plenty of emails. Texts l don’t know about. What else is interesting about this Burt interview is that the contradictions show there are some cracks starting to appear in his side of events.

It also showed how far Burt’s head is up his arse that he had the arrogance and lack of self awareness to ignore how broken many of the players and their families are, and say he’s certain they left Hawthorn better people for having been at the club.

13 Likes

Maybe Burt is being fingered as the one to take the fall - all on him as the welfare person, when he has just been a bit player.

I doubt that can happen. I see this situation more as having a domino effect. If he falls, others will follow. Burt no doubt is feeling the pressure, and l am sure there is more to come.

It’s a very sorry saga.

7 Likes

It’s got that whif about it.

Someone has to take the fall. The options for the AFL are the poster boy of the last decade, a good guy, and this nobody.

Also they can dump it on the players and their partners, as we’ve seen.

1 Like

Only cos nothing has happened.

Unlike the supplements saga we had which was constant media attention.

This one has been swept under the carpet, all done behind closed doors.

And it sounds like the aggrieved arent being bought off

1 Like

1 Like

Sweepy sweepy

8 Likes

Nothing to see here…

1 Like

Probably just an update on how good a blokes Clarko and Fages are.

4 Likes

■■■■ the AFL, ■■■■ Clarkson, ■■■■ Fagan

10 Likes

I like that broom stick your carrying yes baby I like it.

1 Like

I want you to take your broom and sweep up my yard.

2 Likes

AFL have done a deal with the families. Clarko, Fages and Burt no case to answer.

The AFL has reached an agreement with families involved in the allegations of historical racism at Hawthorn, and has made no findings against Alastair Clarkson, Chris Fagan and Jason Burt.

Sources involved in negotiations said a deal was reached on Tuesday and the investigation would be wound up.

The trio were accused of mistreating First Nations players, allegations they strenuously deny.

The AFL is expected to make an apology and introduce measures to improve the environment for Indigenous players at clubs.

A memo went to AFL presidents on Tuesday night advising them of a briefing by AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan.

Advertisement

McLachlan will front the media at 7.45pm on Tuesday.

Hawthorn’s cultural safety review was sparked by an interview in The Age in April last year with Hawks champion Cyril Rioli and his wife, Shannyn Ah Sam-Rioli, in which they said they were poorly treated during Cyril’s playing career, and in which Shannyn said she was “belittled and humiliated”.

Clarkson and Fagan have strenuously denied the allegations and have said they look forward to clearing their names. Clarkson recently took indefinite leave from his role as North Melbourne senior coach due to mental health reasons from the toll of the Hawthorn inquiry.

In an earlier statement, Clarkson said: “I was not afforded any due process and I refute any allegation of wrongdoing or misconduct and look forward to the opportunity to be heard as part of the AFL external investigation.”

In a statement when the investigation was announced, the Lions club chair Andrew Wellington said: “We stand by Chris as he commits himself to be part of the AFL investigation, which gives him procedural fairness, into allegations concerning historical events at the Hawthorn Football Club, where he was a former employee. Chris has categorically denied any wrongdoing.”

Oh, what a surprise!

7 Likes

What a fkn joke

14 Likes

Nice to wait until the week after indigenous round.

11 Likes

More predictable than the end of Titanic

12 Likes