Clarkson sick

Scary stuff really.
Best wishes.

News report...http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-27/clarksons-health-crisis

Info..http://lmgtfy.com/?q=guillain+barre+syndrome

There's a chance he'd be gone for the season...dependent on severity.

Yeah, it is scary stuff. My best friend back home was struck down with for months. She couldn't do anything for herself. Had to have help even to take a bath. At times her face turned half red, and half white, along a vertical line. Luckily she made a full recovery, and twenty years on has not had another bout of it.

Now watch the nuffies on here line up to put the boots into Clarkson, won't be long.  

Enter Gumbys Spine Surgeon…

Poor ■■■■■■■, luckily they caught it early on.

All the best to Clarkson, really tough issue which could take a long time.

I would of thought a guy who abuses junior umpires wouldn't of had much of a spine.......

I would of thought a guy who abuses junior umpires wouldn't of had much of a spine.......

When he finds you, and he will, he'll give you one from behind.

Pretty sad. Good coach, hate him but it's not something you wish upon anyone. Hope he recovers. 

I see an opportunity here for Ratten to coach them to a premiership to really stick it to Carlton.

Alas, Bolten is acting coach.

Mark Bolton?

Good on him.

Screw hawthorn.

Guillain-Barré is pretty damn terrifying.  Doctor I know was telling me about a patient at her hospital, got it, and was unable to move any muscle except his eyes for a full year.  Still was awake most of the day, mind perfectly functional, but Could Not Do Anything.  Trapped in a cage of meat, even less in control of his body than a quadruplegic.  Fed through a tube, crapped into a colostomy, could do nothing but watch TV, not even speak.  Even after coming out of an experience like that, dunno how sane you'd be afterwards

Eek.

Guillain-Barré is pretty damn terrifying.  Doctor I know was telling me about a patient at her hospital, got it, and was unable to move any muscle except his eyes for a full year.  Still was awake most of the day, mind perfectly functional, but Could Not Do Anything.  Trapped in a cage of meat, even less in control of his body than a quadruplegic.  Fed through a tube, crapped into a colostomy, could do nothing but watch TV, not even speak.  Even after coming out of an experience like that, dunno how sane you'd be afterwards

Eek.

The good thing is, that patient did come out of it. That thing is scary. 

Mark Bolton?

Good on him.

Screw hawthorn.

Brendon

Better to stay silent than receive some of Clarkson‘s accumulated bad karma?

Meat cage?

What is the long-term outlook for those with Guillain-Barré syndrome?

Guillain-Barré syndrome can be a devastating disorder because of its sudden and unexpected onset. In addition, recovery is not necessarily quick. As noted above, patients usually reach the point of greatest weakness or paralysis days or weeks after the first symptoms occur. Symptoms then stabilize at this level for a period of days, weeks, or, sometimes, months. The recovery period may be as little as a few weeks or as long as a few years. About 30 percent of those with Guillain-Barré still have a residual weakness after 3 years. About 3 percent may suffer a relapse of muscle weakness and tingling sensations many years after the initial attack.

Guillain-Barré syndrome patients face not only physical difficulties, but emotionally painful periods as well. It is often extremely difficult for patients to adjust to sudden paralysis and dependence on others for help with routine daily activities. Patients sometimes need psychological counseling to help them adapt.

C&P from the www.

Seriously folk, Clarkson was a solid player and is a very good coach, and he doesn’t need any smart cracks about his dilemma. Hate Hawthorn but never would think to applaud this tragedy for a man with a young family. We are better this this.

What's wrong with you people?

Angry midget syndrome.

freaking hell. that's some intense ■■■■.