Clickbait Central: How the Age and Sun use and abuse Essendon Supporters and our club

Quoted Post

A reply to: @Ants regarding QuoteLink
Um, why is it a problem if they write more about Essendon? I mean, obviously when something like the Saga is going its bad, but generally this is fantastic news. It widens the gap between us and the lesser clubs and shows our value to sponsors. And it means we get more articles about our club.

As soon as the Saga is done and dusted and the articles all have to be about what is happening on field, this is a great thing for us.

l would say it is bad because of the distortions and the desire to trample Hird and his reputation neck deep in mud. They didn’t wait for the smell of blood like sharks do, they went out to create the wounds that cause the blood to spill. Well l want their blood. l want them crushed, brought to their knees and bankrupt, enough of their corruption. Happy New Year to everyone else.

You bring everything back to Hird - It’s about the club.

I agree with Ants - Bad publicityis better than no publicity - Hopefully 2015 will be more positive.

Pretty funny that they are openly admitting how low their integrity is. “Key kids, you liked that rubbish we wrote yesterday, well here it is again, just with a different headline, click away!”

A reply to: @yaco55 regarding QuoteLink

Quoted Post
A reply to: @Ants regarding QuoteLink
Um, why is it a problem if they write more about Essendon? I mean, obviously when something like the Saga is going its bad, but generally this is fantastic news. It widens the gap between us and the lesser clubs and shows our value to sponsors. And it means we get more articles about our club.

As soon as the Saga is done and dusted and the articles all have to be about what is happening on field, this is a great thing for us.

l would say it is bad because of the distortions and the desire to trample Hird and his reputation neck deep in mud. They didn’t wait for the smell of blood like sharks do, they went out to create the wounds that cause the blood to spill. Well l want their blood. l want them crushed, brought to their knees and bankrupt, enough of their corruption. Happy New Year to everyone else.

You bring everything back to Hird - It’s about the club.

I agree with Ants - Bad publicityis better than no publicity - Hopefully 2015 will be more positive.

l was joking, as in not serious. Your response is the sort of thing Sav Rocca used to say.

Quoted Post

Off season is great

Glad to see someone else is digging these exciting threads.

sah riveting

We need a big countdown clock to the first game…

A reply to: @Stallion regarding QuoteLink

LAD BIBLE

RADIO ONE LEBANON

I have to admit it has been nice NOT having many headlines about us over the break.

I suppose as soon as the players come back from the Christmas/NY break and the Federal Court date looms, it will be on again.

I had to be reminded of what it was like before the ASADA/AFL drama. May it be over soon and a good result for us.