Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

That’s a hat trick of being wrong.

Wow, just wow.

Clearly you fall into the third category. I’m going to have to start calling you captain 1860 instead.

If you want to make money to “peddle” stuff, science ain’t the gig.

2 Likes

Mr Wolf

You are a deadset ■■■■. Benfti can take whatever you dish out and I have already told you that the world would be much better if you just died now.

To attack his Wife is lower than the dead dog you are. You weak prick.

This thread was going quite well at the reef discussion stage. The turn to politics was completely unecessary.

4 Likes

Got Weirdwolfed again.

1 Like

Arsehats like Werewolf just cannot abide real discussion and debate, for him it is all about being right.

You mean ALT right, … right? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

ive had to move to my computer for this, the ipad wasnt cutting it.

Let me give you a little insite into “paid to peddle crap”

my wife when she straight after finishing her PHD which she wrote on root stock grafting (this is where the root system of one particular plant is transplanted to another, usually to help with drought) received some data from a grower about irregular increases in soil temperature, even though she had finished her PHD she went and started taking soil readings for this farmer to help him work out why despite modern irrigation techniques his crop beds were drying out to quickly. not or money, mind you, but to thank him for letting her use a small part of one field to plant trials for her PHD.

Once she started to notice that the increase was not an anomaly she started to draw the hypothesis that the increases were climate related. For the next 10 years she dedicated her life to not only confirming her theory, but developing techniques to counteract the occurrences.

She spent periods of her life where she was taking 4 hourly readings for months on end, up at midnight, spend to hours in the field checking sensors, bed for 2 hours, up again. She did this right across australia, and the southern hemisphere, we spent time in Vietnam and Cambodia seeing if those areas where experiencing the same, not the nice holiday’y bit s of those places, but the third world part.

In this period, she had ross river fever, dengue fever, and had her finger chopped off by a trailer in an accident in the field, whilst she was pregnant with our first child, and could not take any pain meds other than panadol, she had micro surgey on it, and recovered without pain meds also. I can remember her walking in the door at 3am, with 6, 1TB hard drives under her arm, 5 months pregnant, and only being able to use one hand.

In the end my wife has not only proven under total global consensus that increased climate has caused root zone drying, but she has developed deficit irrigation methods, and sap flow sensor technology that is used the world over.

but here is the kicker about what she got paid to peddle her crap.

I made more money than she did, peddling mobile phones in a call center.

so, really @werewolf, if thats what you think you really are quite ignorant. Yeah, i listen to what she has to say on the subject, because she ■■■■■■■ well knows what she is talking about.

11 Likes

Yeah, … but Weirdwolf reads right wing blogs and the Murfuch press,& has Trump & Malcolm Roberts to listen to. … soooo… you know, … sameseez.

2 Likes

We vote left because the left fund science., and not the funding to make heaps of cash, to keep food on the table so she can continue her work.

We recently lived in a Nat seat and those ■■■■■ shut her site down when they started finding toxens in fracking run off in the farming irrigation channels.

See no evil

3 Likes

And shock horror captain google disappears

I did not attack his wife. I simply stated a fact and answered the question I was asked correctly. If you might not like the answer don’t ask the question. You on the other hand have attacked me in defending your fellow PC disciples. You have shown that you are someone that has zero morals when it comes to your posting. Just ignorant and aggressive attacks.
Luckily I’m pretty thick skinned and understand that for people like you, age does not mean maturity.

It’s called bed so that I can go to work. Id guess you have heard of it? So re the previous post, yes she’s paid to peddle the climate doom and I was correct.

Labour taking us down the same path of expensive unreliable power as they have done for WA. What a surprise, they are fudging the figures to push the point - Where have I seen that before?
Luckily we’ll likely get a change of government to wind it back.

Melbourne5–14°C

NEWS
SPORT
ENTERTAINMENT
BUSINESS
LIFESTYLE
REALESTATE
VIDEO
CLASSIFIEDS

search

PM to eyeball energy companies over bills
VIC News
Brawl erupts as Dan reveals Victoria Renewable Energy Target laws
Matt Johnston, Rob Harris and Karen Collier, Herald Sun
August 24, 2017 12:00am
Subscriber only
Matthew Johnston: Dan’s renewable power sums just don’t add up
A FRESH brawl over power costs and the state’s energy supply has erupted after the Andrews Government presented its new Renewable Energy Target laws to state parliament.

The laws will see Victoria “go it alone” and pursue a statewide target for 40 per cent of energy to come from renewable sources by 2025.

Premier Daniel Andrews claimed his plan would see “cheaper power bills” — which some experts have questioned amid calls for a consistent national approach to tackle the issue.

Grattan Institute energy program director Tony Wood said the policy was a “nasty dog’s breakfast”, with dodgy modelling of energy bills based only on wholesale prices.

“No one is debating the future need for more renewable energy in the system, but a national approach would consider the most efficient place to source that from,” he said. “It appears to me that the lesson from South Australia has been ignored by this policy.”

GOVERNMENT TO BUILD SOLAR PLANTS TO FUEL MELBOURNE’S TRAM NETWORK

Federal Energy Minister Josh Frydenberg told the Herald Sun a national problem required a “national solution” and said he feared Victoria was on the “South Australian Labor path for higher prices and a less stable system”.

Mr Andrews said the plan could create new jobs, and that a competitive auction system to supply enough renewable energy to 389,000 homes would bring $1.3 billion in investment and 1250 construction jobs.

Industry figures warned that this would see “significant costs” passed on to customers or borne by taxpayers, but environment groups said it would “turbocharge” the growing sector.

Federal figures show the VRET could lead to an explosion in wind turbines from about 600 to more than 2300.

Macca’s view.
Victorian Energy Minister Lily D’Ambrosio, who earlier this year said there would be a cost to households, refused to release modelling.

“We know for a fact that more supply, in a pure economics 101 sense, means cheaper prices,” she said.

Experts said this ignored closures of large-scale generation assets, pointing to price spikes when Hazelwood shut down this year, and transmission and distribution costs.

Australian Energy Council chief executive Matthew Warren said the government should release its analysis.

Victorian Council of Social Service chief executive Emma King said a renewable energy target was “important and welcome” but “we shouldn’t pretend the VRET will magically drive down prices”.

Ms King said whatever the costs of the project, it shouldn’t be borne by poor communities. “We shouldn’t be building a greener Victoria on the backs on people doing it tough,” she said.

Clean Energy Council chief executive Kane Thornton said commitments made by the state government would “turbocharge the renewable energy industry in Victoria”.

Opposition Leader Matthew Guy said the Coalition would oppose the plan.

“Daniel Andrews’ renewable energy target is political vanity at the expense of consumers. The reality is that power bills will rise,” he said.

Greens spokeswoman Ellen Sandell called for the government to go further and close all coal-fired power stations in Victoria.

Ain’t nobody votin’ conservative.
Except for the Queenslanders.

2 Likes

Not that opinion polls are always correct but if you believe them Labour would lose easily in Victoria right now.

And win federal govt.

Yes agree. Even I would have trouble voting for Turnbull.

Wow. Is there a more insulting, ignorant & arrogant poster on blitz?

You have nothing to offer on CC but an empty thought bubble and you denigrate those who devote their lives to study & research as peddlers of doom in it for the money. Meanwhile you work for a bank IIRC. What a class act.

2 Likes

Incorrect again. On every aspect including the work.