Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

You now what causes massive health problems, with respiratory problems, headaches, early death, asthma etc.

Burning Petrol.

Health problems from petrol >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wind Farms.

1 Like

OVERVIEW
RESEARCH
Produce research that is world-best, innovative, collaborative, multi-disciplinary and highly relevant to coral reef management, adaptive governance and policy development.
RESEARCH TRAINING AND PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
Build human capacity and expertise in coral reef science worldwide.
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL LINKAGES
Create a global hub for integrated coral reef research collaborations.
IMPACTS AND END-USER ENGAGEMENT
Exchange and transfer knowledge, technologies and research outcomes with end-users and partners.
GOVERNANCE
Continuously evolve Centre governance and management to ensure it is co-operative, multi- institutional and communicative.
The ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies commenced operations in 2014 following the award of $28 million from the Australian Research Council to fund the Centre forJCU has no input into it** seven years. Headquartered at James Cook University, the ARC Centreā€™s additional nodes are The Australian National University (ANU), The University of Queensland (UQ) and The University of Western Australia (UWA).

JCU has no input into it
Headquartered at James Cook University

JCU has no input into it

JCU has no input into it

JCU has no input into it

Whoops, looks like someone doesnā€™t,t know what they are talking about.

All youā€™ve established is that they probably use the same cafeteria.

Yeah, you really donā€™t.

Do you know how many research orgs are based at but entirely independent of universities?

Obviously not.

Just when I thought you couldnā€™t out-moron yourselfā€¦ :joy:

1 Like

This is ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  hilarious

Pretty much every uni in the country has a research org sharing facilities

I know for a fact they all share the same cafeteria

So the problem with Australian intellectual life is that there are not enough independent cafeterias?

3 Likes

I think thatā€™s is what sorfed is suggesting. If he is, itā€™s the closest thing to a valid point heā€™s ever made in this thread

1 Like

I like how he has quoted GBRMPA and then referenced the CRC for Coral Reef Science.

I blame Starbucksā€¦and Gloria Jeanā€¦and Donut Kingā€¦

1 Like

efa

Eftbs, you mean.

1 Like

The towers have been switched on since August.

I bet those ā€œsensitiveā€ people felt it.

1 Like

Phhhfft, ā€¦ Cotton and Rice growers profits are way more important than River flows and native fish dying out.

Bluddy Lefty ABC SJWā€™s, ā€¦ :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Saw that. Itā€™s as sad as ā– ā– ā– ā– , and when you look through the photos you see that thereā€™s some big fish that have been killed, fish that have survived decades of weather/water extremes but couldnā€™t survive this.

Itā€™s not very well known how much of a sheltered workshop inland river systems are these days, from an ecological point of view. Cod only spawn naturally when floods occur at the right time of year and with the right temperature of water, and due to irrigation and dams that basicallly doesnā€™t happen any more.

Damn near all the cod in the murray-darling system these days were spawned at Narrandera haatchery and instroduced into the river as fingerlings. Itā€™s an ecosystem kept from collapse purely by artificial means, because people want to be able to catch fish occasionally. (And yes, Iā€™m saying that as a fisherman)

2 Likes

ā€¦ and quality of drinking water :grimacing:

1 Like

Did I hear that the issue isnā€™t the drought but that the menindee lakes had been drained of 8 years of water when they were full last?

1 Like

I canā€™t reiterate this enough, having lived in that region (Griffith, Murrumbidgee about 60ks from Narrandera) and speaking first hand to cotton and rice growers.

They had to switch from broad acre crops to save their farms. Itā€™s the only profitable crop they can grow there now, Grains donā€™t yield like they used to because of climate change, and citrus has no profit due to importing.

This literally a case of one group of peopleā€™s survival over anotherā€™s as a direct result of climate change and bad/lack of government intervention.