Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

Or they could be heavily exposed with their existing investments and do not want climate change policies being reversed.

Like the other side of the coin?

See: coal and oil industries and the estimated $33 trillion worth of revenue still in the ground.

If facts won’t offend the rightards too much, or make their tiny brains implode, they should watch tonight’s episode of 4 Corners.

Of course being factual & straight down a central line & reporting the truth, will probably make it lefty SJW latte sipping propaganda to the fake news, alternative fact lovers. So before the retorts,… yes, … the centre is always to the left of you fkwits, … and the further you are out there in far right fantasy land,… the further left the centre is from you.

Facts are not your enemy, … limited IQ is.

Tasmania
South Australia
Victoria
New South Wales
and Queensland combined are now currently producing 12 Mw more electricity than Haelwood power station, at least yesterday morning the Eastern States were producing 4Mw more.

If facts won’t offend you leftards too much, or make your tiny brains explode you may realise that requiring us to purchase the batteries to tide us over the last few days would cost more than the current national debt (if we could find someplace big enough to put them).

At 5:00am this morning I would have taken a wonderful time-lapse photo of Taralga if it wasn’t sop ■■■■■■ cold.
Wind power doesn’t work. Period.

Nameplate capacity doesn’t matter.
Maximum capacity doesn’t matter.
Average output doesn’t matter.
The only thing that does matter is the minimum output.

To put it in a manner that even the simplest of you can understand if you have a Mercedes Williams F1 car and it has a 1 litre fuel tank it couldn’t beat a Toyota Yaris in a standing quarter mile race

Is ignorance truly bliss mate?? I’ve always wondered…

The average race fuel consumption of a F1 car is 75 liters per 100 Kilometers or 1.33L per km.

Quarter mile is 0.402336km

So F1 car would use 0.53510688L for a quarter mile and have leftover for a bit more.

So renewables win?

1 Like

Just as a side note, I rewatched the Naked Gun 2 the other night and it’s based on this thread.

Serious question, did you do maths or science when you were at high school?

1 Like

Translation:

“Just look at all this darn coal fired power. There’s just too much of it to change it all to battery power!”

Don’t think anyone has proposed that

“You lefties are all stupid. Ahahahahaha.”

“Here’s a red herring about racing cars.”

1 Like

1litre wouldn’t warm the tyres or the brakes up.

Notice you artfully avoided the main point that 8Mw spread over 5 states works out to about 0.4 of a watt per person.

Lefty tactics, divert attention and whatever you do, do not address the issues.

Wind powered electricity does not produce baseload power, been trying since the 1880’s, didn’t work then, does not work now, will never work,

Here is a challenge to you, as Canberra is chockablock full of Labor voters and Watermelons get the politicians to disconnect the ACT from the evils of coal, go off-grid, and rely solely on renewables as a stunning example to the rest of us unbelievers as to how things should be in an ideal world, I am sure the Labor Party and the Greens would only be too happy to comply in this test case. While they are at it they can give up on fossil fuelled planes and cars and use bicycles for transport and forego overseas conferences to exotic destinations to confer on Climate Change and the evils of CO2.

Maths 1 & 2, Science 1 & 2, laughed at High School students, apprenticeship in Fitting & Turning and Toolmaking, schooled at RMIT, CIT, Swinburne, spent my whole life in engineering, production, Quality Control and Metrology (specialty CMM programming). Listened to every bullshit artist on the planet who tried to avoid telling the truth to accept responsibility for their actions.
Taught to question everything, taught to doubt anything at face value.
How about you?
Did your teachers do what my son’s teachers did when they handed out assignments? Ask for a draft, make suggestions on how to improve it, ask for a second and third draft then accept the final and approved version.
Not teaching, indoctrination.

Your problem is sorfed that you are so indoctrinated with questioning everything, that you do not believe anything.

I have been in places in Europe where they run 100% off Wind-power and battery back-ups. I was a sceptic, but I saw it with my own eyes.

1 Like

Its the suburban bogan’s who need to change their lifestyles and suck up the impacts - not the well educated elite.

The impact of free power from the sun??

I think they’ll be rapt to have more spare cash for slabs & ciggies really … and the way the Gov gouges tax out of those 2 things, revenue should see a huge boost as well.

Win, win, win.

Errr no - the impact of more expensive energy that has a less reliable service.

I doubt if you would mix with any of those impacted people anyway.

Why is the answer only coal then? If anything gas would be a better option than coal wouldn’t it?

1 Like

The only expensive energy will be on the grid, . from coal, … and as more get off, the dearer it will get. Enjoy your expensive polluting energy trip, … because there’s no way you’d be a big enough hypocryte to join the exodus to free clean power from your own panels & battery is there??

You’re sure to help the multi national profiteers that burn the coal pay off their investment for them at 200 dollars a kilowatt aren’t you?

You still don’t fkng get it do you? In 10 -20 years, panels & batts will cost less than a 2nd hand holden & even the bogans will be off the grid.

1 Like

So, the truth comes out. E12 and WW WANT people with large solar installations to go off grid, despite knowing that this will both reduce the amount of cheap power going into the grid at peak usage time and so force more usage of expensive gas, and require a smaller number of people (the ones who rent, or who can’t afford rooftop solar) to shoulder the full maintenance cost of the grid.

Why are you so desperate to increase power costs for lower-income people, Tripper?

(And yes, for the desperately dense or deliberately deceptive, this post is somewhat tongue in cheek, although everyone with even a tenuous grounding in reality knows that if well-off people start going off grid in significant numbers due to cheaper pv panels & battery storage, the impact on power reliability and affordability would be significant)

4 Likes

I love a new bit of tech

2 Likes