Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

Tony Abbott - PM of Australia 2013-1955

He’s purely a negativist…nothing whatsoever positive about him.

2 Likes

The actual personification of an Arssehole.

This is a climate change thread lads

True.

(But he’s still an arsehole)

1 Like

Lol.
That ship sailed a long time ago.
Don’t anyone tell them about the science thread.

1 Like

Well, we were talking about the most significant enemy of decent legislation on climate change in the country.

Hasn’t read the Finkel Report but allegedly heckles everyone who talks about in the party room.

F*** him and the horse he rode into Canberra on.

3 Likes

Anyone catch 7.30 tonight??

Battery storage set to win in energy grid crisis

Battery sales are already booming amongst the rapidly growing number of households using solar power, and they could escalate even further off the back of recommendations contained into the Finkel report into Australia’s energy needs.

The story Video.

Agree with all that, but at least with Tone he was straight up about his agenda.

Turnball has set back our effort on climate change with his weakness and duplicity. He says one thing, and then for political survival does another, confusing the crap out of most and giving a platform to deniers.

Thousands of people have better insulated homes, and you reckon it was a bad project because some operators were shoddy and crooks.

Sad that a few died, but to blame Politicians is just nonsense. People die every day due to poor training and supervision, lack of adherence to compliance and just bad work practice, which is the reasons for the deaths in this project.

It is time Mr Wolf that either give some respect to our Nations Leaders, no matter their Political color, or get off your behind and put up your hand. While I do not like the policy and actions of Abbott or Turnbull, I do not personally attack them and actually admire their efforts in putting up their hands to Lead. I also do not like the antics of KRudd who facilitated the downfall of my Government, but again it is ridiculous to play the man and not the ball.

Climate change and how we all treat the Planet going forward is a massive challenge, and that you do not take it seriously or show any responsibility is a key reason why we will fail. There is no denying that there is a problem, and all we should be arguing about is the scope.

2 Likes

He used to be fond of calling Gillard the worst PM in history. Ironic that he then went on to embody that better than anyone ever could.

3 Likes

Pricing carbon is the best weapon we have to combat climate change

And price is what you are going to pay.

Dr Finkel’s briefing yesterday confirmed these calculations did not include the cost of his recommendation for a “reliability obligation” on new wind and solar projects to have to invest in batteries, hydro or other generators to ensure back-up power.
Fancy that, a green bull-■■■■■■■■ about the cost of renewable energy.
Good luck for the future with electricity at 50c/Kwh and increasing every year.
Good luck to all who complain they cannot afford to pay off your HECS fees.
Good luck to those who will have their power turned off.
Welcome to fuel poverty.

1 Like

What a ■■■■■■■, tried to reign in the governments overspending and got rolled for his trouble.
Rudd and Gillard went from virtually no debt to half a trillion.
This is what you are faced with.
http://www.australiandebtclock.com.au
When the ■■■■ hits the fan you will get a real taste of poverty.

1 Like

The Libs have added a lot more to the debt than Labor did Lord Sorfington

4 Likes

Certainly have. Abbott inherited a a deficit of 19 billion, and a net debt of $153 billion.
Which is a very long way from what we have now.

2 Likes

I don’t like that we have the debt, I liked the post

Making Prince Phillip a knight of Australia pretty well sums up where he’s at on nearly everything. Pointless, embarrassing and clueless.

1 Like

How about clueless & embarrassing??

http://pedestriantv-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images%2Fvideo%2F2015%2F09%2F15%2FONION.gif

1 Like

Even if you removed the skin first…

Oh well…s**t happens, when talking about a soldier who’s died in action.

Soldiers know it could happen when they sign up, but pretty tactless.

1 Like