Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

But, but it’s the sun and it’s free!
It’s why the renewables is cheaper argument is quickly ignored by the warmists when challenged. As lve said many times if the warmists are so sold by it let them pay the extra money and be cold/hot when it fails.

Keep digging it up, refining it, selling it and who gives a toss after that. Then you mention the problem with this process and you just get grinned at and told “you like this. It’s the world we live in and besides, it’s wonderful.” Push any further and you end up in a whirlwind of willful ignorance, circular reasoning, Gish Gallops and endless retreating back to the idea that this is the best way and who gives a ■■■■ anyway. Don’t even improve it by a margin or do it a better way. That’s where the reasoning really falls over.

No, I meant the pellets that used in manufacturing.

I’ll be getting free power, as will many others,… whilst you, and the rest of the Ignorati keep propping up Billionaires profit margins buying Coal power at megabucks per KWH. Lol.

I’ll bet my left nut you have Solar Panels on your roof before the decades out.

2 Likes

Even IF renewable power is more expensive…

Higher electricity prices…

… OR …

… a global extinction event and mass saltwater inundation of major cities.

Pick one.

3 Likes

I liked Cory Bernardi’s argument in the senate debate yesterday over Finkel. Pretty much boiled down to “coal has made really cheap power in the past so it will in the future and the uncertainty in the market is caused by everyone being scared of renewables.”

This was after a couple of Libs actually got up there and made some sense about trying not to fall back onto blind party loyalty over this issue and that the best outcome economically, power price wise and achieving carbon targets needs to be analysed first.

Not the politics thread but when Australians realise they vote for a party and not a trump the better

Onto CC and power - The challenge is more towards coal being a finite resource. however renewables are just not powerful enough… or poorly introduced, standards for solar here in australia are near impossible to meet at a satisfactory level and continue to change, which means dollars into upgrading and changing… implementing etc… its all too hard

1 Like

Fortunately using coal for our power won’t make a ratsarse difference in terms of the mass destruction your leftie mates have made you believe.
Hence we don’t need to make silly and costly decisions to satisfy the moronic left.

We have uranium, we have space, just drop a few Nuclear plants down and problem solved… Lose the coal, forget the emissions, problem solved, everybody happy

Not sure if srs.

When civilisation itself is on the line, which it is, one pays the damn price even if the outcome is not guaranteed.

Refusal to seriously address the conversion to clean energy now because of household electricity prices is the moral equivalent of refusing to go to war against Hitler because rationing is such a drag, and hey, if Hitler wins then you’ve just wasted all that money, haven’t you?

1 Like

The planet is not warming.
The polar ice is not melting.
The glaciers are not retreating.
The coral is not bleaching.

And even if they are, humans cannot affect the climate because climate change only occurs naturally.
And even if fossil fuel emissions do trap heat, reducing the cause won’t reduce the effect.
And even if emissions are increasing, renewables don’t work because the climate is still warming.

2 Likes

why wouldn’t i be serious?

NEW CUE LAR will never fly here.

You think the Greenies are angry now .

(This issue unites 80 to 90% of the populace)

That’s fine if it will never fly, because we have GREENS?!??! but nuclear has no emissions and generates more power, simple really

And the waste?
And the cost?

Melodramatic horseshit. You yourself has admitted that the climate and therefore environmental changes have all happened before.
However it must be us causing it now. Seriously infantile and why the left are finding it a difficult sell to the silent majority.

I’m sure one of the other 30 countries and 450 something other plants have worked out what they do with it?? ■■■■ knows, least of my concers

1 Like

it’s all about the climate yeah?? get to he next issue in another 100 thousand years