Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

Sorry Humble, I meant in terms of real world implementation.

Rudd, Gillard, Rudd followed by the last two parliaments controlled by a Labor/Green Senate that has blocked all and every meaningful budget reform and attempt at fiscal responsibility. The left created it, and are now maintaining so accept responsibility.

1 Like

A Labor/Green Senate ???

Nope. The capitalist free market by the Howard Governement created this, by refusing to regulate the banks.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s no such thing as a ā€œfree marketā€ anyway. Conservatives always make me laugh when they talk about ā€˜free marketsā€™.

Just about every industry in history has been propped up by Government intervention at some stage.

Just as long as the government arenā€™t propping up renewables and keep the enormous rebates to mining going.

2 Likes

If we defer to the ā€œfundamental laws of physicsā€ the ability to justify anthropogenic climate change diminishes to zero. Why? The conclusion is not reliable. It doesnā€™t account for all inputs with any fidelity. The ā€˜conclusionā€™ is arrived at by an assumption based consensus, not irrefutable facts and data. If it were the latter, weā€™d all ve trye believers.

1 Like

You mean, blocked every budget reform that drives all the deficit catch up from the pockets of ā€œthe working poorā€

3 Likes

My primary observation on China and mining, is that they are strongly committed to coal, and coal for industry and power generation is here for a long time.

However they are very serious about improving how coal is used, and developing technology that eliminates emissions. I visited a very large research centre totally devoted to this; over 3000 PhD scientists working on it. Very impressive.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got no issue with how it gets done as long as we lower emmisons

OK, weā€™re gonna euthenase half the global population.

ā€¦

Which half?

8 Likes

1 Like

Skynet?

Letā€™s ban all electric guitars. That would be a good start.

Woah, now letā€™s not get rash

Alan Finkel delivering the NPC Address today.

Every time I see that nameā€¦

7 Likes

Instaban