Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

You can attempt to polish a dog turd and even if successful it’s still a dog turd underneath.

Um, what? Not sure what sort of point you’re making here.

Article says that a non-scientist Trump appointee bozo has told the USDA to stop using the term ‘climate change’, presumably because banning people from talking about the problem will make it go away.

2 Likes

Well, to them the problem is making sure certain industries keep making a tonne of cash.

I do. but do the greenies in the USDA.
In case you haven’t noticed i gave a list of changes to nomenclature made by the green blob every time their prognostications go belly up.
In case you missed it, early last month James Hansen Climate Change guru, who previously said the Arctic would be ice free by on 1 January 2018 changed his mind with less than 6 months to go and pushed the date out by 100-150 years to between 2018 to 2168.
The science isn’t quite as settled as we have been led to believe.

1 Like

You’ve got this sussed.

1 Like

Reading comprehension, dude.

It isn’t rhe ‘green blob’ deciding to call climatce change something else. It’s the denialist looney with no scientific background who has been appointed to run the USDA who is issuing an edict to prevent the people in his organisation who actually know about climate change from saying the words 'climate change.

Those of us old enough to remember would find this ironic.

“Honest” Johnny Howard made the media change the term “Global Warming” - probably because it was too accurate.

So he made the change to “Climate Change”. Because climate is relatively nonspecific and well, we all like a change, don’t we.

Now even this term is too alarming for the people who want to condemn the biosphere for the sake of short-term profits for the plutocracy.

1 Like

What ever happened to free speech?

It has never existed.

1 Like

Doesn’t explain all the other name changes.

John Howard was responsible? I had no idea he had such influence over the European and American scientific communities.

Way to go to miss the point. Obviously I was talking about this country. But it could have been transferred internationally via the Murdoch propaganda empire.

I’m sorry, but when you referenced GLOBAL WARMING I foolishly assumed that you meant warming that applied to the entire world and not the 1.50% we live on.

Well you are a fool,… let’s face it, … so that’s completely understandable.

You just seem tp miss the point entirely, all the fking time.

1 Like

What was your point. The evil Murdoch empire? The Koch brothers? Anything other than the rent seekers, parasites and corrupt scientists who suck $1.5 trillion out of the worlds economy each year. Why not look at the hypocrites you bow down to, people like Flannery, Branson, De Caprio, Travolta and Gore who uses 234,000 Kw of electricity a year, 34 times more power that the average American family.
Want to know what Climate Chane is all about, redistribution of wealth.
I hope you are chipping in to help James Hansen in his latest venture, he only wants another $678 trillion AUD to save the planet, again from the man who just changed his mind on the melting Arctic ice.

By the way, have you been keeping up to date with the latest discovery of minimum temperature manipulation by the BOM. One way to get increased warming. You have to admit they are inventive.

1 Like

Lol.

You even fkn missed the point you missed.

Clueless.

I just want it on record that I stopped bowing down to Travolta years ago.

You still haven’t made a point but here is one from one of the most astute observers of his day.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
H. L. Mencken

1 Like

That was my point.

Interesting to quote Mencken, as although he is dead a long time, many of his writings was prophetic. He like me abhors populism and representative democracy, claiming it is all about inferiors have control over superiors.

I would suggest however that it is the aim of conservative political and all your right wing mates to keep us in a state of alarm for political gain. Robert Menzies, John Howard, Malcolm Fraser, Tony Abbott and now Turnball, are very practiced and successful at it.

1 Like