Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

No mumbling. It’s text unless you are dyslexic.

Are you drunk?

1 Like

It’s actually quite logical to put some analysis into what has happened in the past rather than the emotive and aggressive campaign by the PC group to demand it’s caused by us. Which I kind of get because you can’t prove it so you need to use other means which is exactly what you are doing. Infantile but it is what it is.

I’m not the one struggling with basic reading. I kind of wish I was.

But you know I’m perfectly aware of what you said, but you felt the need to point it out to me.
So, seriously, are you drunk?

Comprehension clearly not your strong point.

You have never presented any analysis.
And ‘the PC group’ you describe are called scientists.

I can assure you it’s fine.
So you’re intimating you’re sober.

Dear, oh dear.

1 Like

You are a scientist? Wow! That’s really lowering the standard of the profession even further.

Ok, so this should go in the Weather Change thread, but there ain’t one.
26c in Brisbane right now at 9pm. One week ago the overnight low was 7.8. WTF happened to Spring?

Even further than what?

Than the so called scientists paid to show climate change and having their predictions of doom be constantly wrong.

1 Like

31c there was it yesterday?? Today?

You lucky barstards. I’ve had just about a gut full of rain & fkn wind for this Winter, … and it’s on the cards as far as the weather report can see.

I wouldn’t be complaining, … I’d swap with you in a heartbeat…

Alright captain google

You do a model. Use your extensive understanding of the scientific process

Tell us how everything is fine.

2 Likes

The coral is not bleaching.
The ice is not melting.
The temperatures are not rising.

Boo to those so called scientists & their lefty mates.

The Australian Institute of Marine Science has been running surveys of the GBR since 1986. Based on that, there had been a general decline in coral cover until 2012, the overall loss of cover somewhere between a third and a half. Their last report in 2016 showed quite good recovery in the southern and central sections of the reef. However, this was from data prior to the mass bleaching event in that year and the effects of mass bleachings take years to play out.

It’s only one data point, but I went snorkelling to Cape Trib in August 2009 (missed the game Hurls kicked 4 against the Hawks to put us in the finals…), and then went back to the same reefs in October last year. The difference was horrifying.

And these are the GOOD reefs, the ones that tour boat operators take tourists to because they’re still in relatively good condition and there’s a lot to see.

Yep, can report similar - Heron Island 2001 was beautiful. Last visit in 2015, all the coral in the lagoon was dead.

There’s more than one way to kill coral:

Again I struggle with the lack of ability of people in these threads to read text and genuinely appear dyslexic.
I did not say things were fine I simply said they are changing and they are changing massively and have in the past changed massively. I also said that the prophets of doom who’s job in many cases depends on climate change have time and time again been wrong with their projections.