Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

I am allowed an opinion. The difference between my post and yours is I am attacking a concept, you however are attacking me for my opinion.

It is a discussion thread, if everyone agreed with your opinions BAcchusfox there would be no balance to this discussion, much like Hitler & Gobbells applied to their various activities

1 Like

Everyoneā€™s allowed to have an opinion. Everyone is also allowed to have a crack at shooting it down. Somewhere in the process facts tend to win the day.

2 Likes

My wife is a scientist, tbh we do spend a lot of Saturday nights reading, lol

1 Like

absolutly, whatā€™s your stance on the shape of the earth?

Iā€™ll be nice to you. Itā€™s flat.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s everyoneā€™s opinon on the temperature that water boils at sea level?

Iā€™m going to go out on a limb and say 100 degrees Celsius

Itā€™s just my opinion, Iā€™m trying to offend anyone, Iā€™m just going to say, in my experience Iā€™ve found this to be the case.

This thread has turned to ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .

1 Like

Prove it Lefty!!

(Psst: itā€™s actually not you know, ā€¦ itā€™s all dependant on the salinity levels.)

Wow you are so articulate. No wonder you are a Labor politician. Donā€™t worry though, if they reject your lack of intelect, no doubt the greens will take you.

And altitude

Ummm, ā€¦ disregard. You said WATER at Sea level, . not Sea water,ā€¦ my bad.

But JFTR & interestā€¦

For pure water, the boiling point is 100 degrees Celsius (212 Fahrenheit) at one atmosphere of pressure, and the melting point is 0 degrees Celsius (32 degrees Fahrenheit) at one atmosphere of pressure. At lower pressures (at high altitudes, for example, in Denver, Colorado), the boiling point will be perhaps a couple of degrees lower.

For saltwater, the boiling point is raised, and the melting point is lowered. By how much depends on how much salt there is. Iā€™ll assume the salt is sodium chloride, NaCl (table salt). The melting point is lowered by 1.85 degrees Celsius if 29.2 grams of salt are dissolved in each Kg of water (called a ā€œ0.5 molal solutionā€ of salt. The Na and Cl dissociate right away when dissolved, and so for a 0.5 molal solution of salt, there is a 1.0 molal concentration of ions). The boiling point is raised by 0.5 degrees Celsius for water with 29.2 grams of salt dissolved in each kg of water.

If your concentrations of salt are different, then you can scale the boiling point elevation and melting point depression predictions directly with the concentration.

Thatā€™s just what the global water boiling conspiracy would have you believe, leftard.

6 Likes

It got WeirdWolfed.

How much are you getting paid for this?

1 Like

When science becomes a ā€˜leftist agendaā€™ I wonder whoā€™s maybe wrongā€¦

1 Like

It has. The thing is though, getting to the point of the counter argument is pretty much a journey through ā– ā– ā– ā– .

You reckon itā€™s the young earth creationist thing going on here? I know plenty of people on either side of that who donā€™t think fossil fuels are to blame. Interestingly either side argue that itā€™s anything but fossil fuels though, often contradicting themselves over which thing is the asnswer. So I guess thatā€™s out. Itā€™s not changing, itā€™s changing a bit, itā€™s changing but itā€™s not us doing it and the various ways itā€™s not us doing it that a tonne of independent research venues are all colliding on to make it look like it is.

Not really.
I just like fun, stupid things.

Like, ā€˜No, you are.ā€™
And global conspiracy.
And looking at everything in a binary political way.

1 Like

Well, anyone that doesnā€™t agree is a leftie weirdo.

1 Like