Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

But who farking cares if they are more expensive.

If we keep pumping carbon emissions out then we will be dead.

When?
In a thousand years?

I dare say there will be many other problems confronting humans and the planet between now and then.

More than likely there will be a nuclear war at a minimum given learnings from past history.

Worrying about something that may or may not happen so far in the future (when you will be dead anyway) is just futile. Iā€™d rather deal with current, real problems.

It is a real, current problem.

Yep, I know, lets put off any concerns and worry about it some other day. Well el Trippo, that day is now one us.

1 Like

Iā€™m still staggered Werewolf thinks is hot takes are threatening? Frustrating, yes, infuriating, sometimes. I donā€™t know how he arrives at threatening. To be threatened he would have to post something legitimately has merit, he doesnā€™t even post climate related stuff.

3 Likes

Wow, you really just reached peak trip. Itā€™s almost impressive your level of wilful negligence

Where do you live? For real Iā€™m going to arrange to see in your own eyes how this is a problem right now, and not just some graph sorfed wonā€™t understand. Legitimate climate impact

Access to clean water and a stable food supply is a problem now.

2 Likes

Rubbish - Life expectancy rates have never been higher,

Idiot.

Iā€™m not arguing there is no impact - just that the impact is so small right now that whatever we do is not going to change one thing.

Humans are smart creatures. Iā€™m sure a more practical solution will be conjured up that actually achieves something (making people feel good and virtuous is not an achievement)

Iā€™m confident we will still get to see many more premierships.

You do realise we all know the ship has sailed as far as reversal is concerned, we are all interested in mitigation, and long term sustainable energy and food security while not compounding the damage thatā€™s already been done

One major factor in the Syrian conflict was the severe drought and near collapse of its agricultural sector. There were big movements people from rural to metropolitan areas. Thus had cascading effects on jobs and infrastructure.

1 Like

Not to mention Capetownā€™s current water crisis ā€¦

This doesnā€™t disprove or prove ACC, but people like @Essendon12 really need to watch this to understand where politics should come into this situation.

I would like to take this opportunity to go on record stating that if you allow your political leaning to dictate your position on this topic I truely believe you to be at the pinnacle of idiocy

3 Likes

Agree 100%.

Most things are not politics or economics, but common-sense and survival.

1 Like

Really? I guess you havenā€™t had much background with human behaviours. The aggressive response is quite typical of fear (No doubt can be other reasons and some worse).
If there was so little substance why would you warmists give a ā– ā– ā– ā– ?
The reality is that renewables currently are less reliable than existing generation and more expensive.

Yes and you are one of the main reasons I stopped posting in the US politics thread. I genuinely thought you might build a bunker.
The reality is that most of the doomsday climate predictions by the revered "scientists " have been wrong when time has allowed.
Hopefully your belief in implementing renewables will give you some stability to provide some comfort.

The renewables are more expensive now but will be a hell of a lot cheaper by the time we get half way into the lifecycle of any new coal power plants we might choose to build. By the end of the power plant lifecycle the renewables will be cheaper than we imagine. To build new coal power stations is economic suicide.

The problem governments of all persuasion will have is how to tax people. They canā€™t afford to lose the massive taxes they take from oil, petrol etc and they certainly canā€™t afford to encourage that by giving incentives to people that buy electric cars and solar panels.

Hahaha.

Bear in mind that this graph is a few years old now, and I think that every single year since 2012 has been in the top dozen hottest years of all time, so the denialist ā€˜predictionsā€™ look even sadder and more deluded now.

Howā€™s the Barrier Reef going, by the way? Somethere between 30-50% coral mortality over the past two years, and this yearā€™s hot season hasnā€™t even finished yet. Suuuurre, nothing catastrophic to see thereā€¦

2 Likes

The world has been around a lot longer than 1990 although I know that Gen Y think civilization only started when they were born.

And based on your ā€˜figuresā€™ then the Barrier Reef will be no more in two years. Iā€™d care to wager anything that it will still be there in 2020.

1 Like