Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

I heard that climate change ate all of the Earth and they had to close the Earth.

FFS.

3 Likes

You should have just said “Who cares -it is not meant to be taken literally.”

He should get that reply of his printed on a T-shirt. It summarises his philosophy (such as it is).

I read an article the other day talking about painting roofs white, and while it seems like a good idea, it will add more heat into the atmosphere around the top of buildings, causing issues of their own, and it wont help warm homes during winter.

Other than growing huge shade trees to cool homes, a great way to reduce heat on homes is, wait for it…to add solar panels as they absorb the heat energy from the sun! :joy:

3 Likes

Love our big trees.

Big shade trees that break up the afternoon sun are great. Just gotta watch your gutters and the odd limb falling.

Why listen to science when every bit of truth is to be found in the bible?

1 Like

In the words of the brilliant Sam Harris, “religions are failed sciences”

1 Like

Depends on your definition of destroyed. Unliveable for humans? Quite possibly that level of damage could be done in that time frame.

Question for you trip, are you quite old?

Speaking of Sam Harris, a couple of things are true of him. Firstly there is no doubt what so ever he is conservative right wing in this political views. I do not agree with him on a lot of things. But he is a very intelligent person.

Here is his postition on climate change.

It illiterates that it is possible to be right wing in social beliefs but still accept the science of AGW

It also further illustrates that the three stooges in this thread are very much narrow minded.

2 Likes

Mate - not every conservative is a climate change denier just as not every left leaning voter believes in the climate change religion.

However as a general principle, there is a greater percentage of conservatives who are climate change deniers just as there is a greater percentage of left leaning voters who are not.

The group think on this issue is probably more pronounced on the left side of the fence on this issue - ie in the Coalition there is a general mixture of views ranging from catastrophists to outright denier whilst Labor/Greens are more inclined to be all catastrophists.

Also the Conservative side generally believe in market forces and/or that the problem will eventually fix itself whilst the left side generally believe that all voters are stupid and therefore they must be forced into their solution as they don;t know whats good for them.

1 Like

Pigs ■■■■!

We put a price on carbon to create a market and you fucktards created a scare campaign about a big bad tax. The liberals of the time either wouldn’t know a market if it hit them in the face or lied through their teeth so that fools would lap it up.

4 Likes

The Conservative side generally believes in whatever gets the most money in their own pockets regardless of the damage to society and the environment, whilst the left side generally believes the scientific evidence and has concern for society and the environment.

5 Likes

Real market forces. Not government created market forces.
Eg: if wind, solar etc is cheaper and better then let the market work that out themselves without government interference.

Why are climate alarmists so worried about this. They should be confident that it is a good product that is priced correctly for both supplier and consumer.

Wind turbines ruin my view

I’m going to force them out of the market

1 Like

Sorry plebs - you must suffer so that we can save the world in a million years.

FXD

And lap it up like fkn Sheep they did.

Like the Liberals were doing pressuring coal power plants to remain open?

Yes renewables are subsidised but lets not pretend that gas or coal isn’t.

2 Likes

You’re right, smart conservatives aren’t climate deniers at all.

2 Likes