Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

Just add Dutton, and you’ve got the complete set, … Curly, Mo, AND Larry …

1 Like

Add George Christensen, Eric Abetz, Kevin Andrews, Ian Goodenough, and the other 14 pea hearted shills that in the LNP who won’t own up to doing the bidding of the coal industry under the title “Monash Forum”. If one of them isn’t Matt Canavan I’ll be extremely surprised.

Wow, what a farkin surprise. Crapping on about politics in the climate change thread. Give it a rest will ya.

Here’s an actual discussion point. I spoke to an African friend on Sunday who described how his mates back in central Africa have experienced rain in summer for the first time ever. They have no idea what to do, it’s never happened before, there’s flooding and infrastructure problems but they they don’t know what to do. Plant crops to take advantage of the situation? Run for the hills?

It’s an interesting question but probably needs to be balanced by the fact that it comes from a fundamentalist Christian that believes the world was flooded for 40 days and nights because Jesus. Yep, God caused climate change and the hundreds of millions of christians around the world believe that crap.

They believe it was for a whole year actually. AND, the universe was created 6000 years ago and the flood happened 4000 years ago. Beyond HILARIOUS.

And you go on to lower the bar by bringing religion into it?

Ha ha, touche.

1 Like

Hey the IPO is out for 1414 degrees now, minimum investment is $2100
Have you been following it @HowManyGoal

Never heard of it I’m a bit ashamed to say. Definitely reading up on it now though! Thanks for the heads up HD! Very interesting.

I’ve got the info from them. Definitely considering investing.

1 Like

Talking to a mate who knows a bit about tech investments. He reckons dangerous to invest in a company without cash flow and IPOs don’t usually take off much. He reckons the tech is interesting though and he’s pretty knowledgeable about renewables. He normally fobs off most new renewable ideas so maybe watch this space for a bit longer.

1 Like

A report today in “The Age” stating that Victoria’s ski season may be extinct in 20-30 years due to climate change.

Expect a dramatic increase in attendances at Melbourne FC games when this happens.

3 Likes

You know nothing , Jon Snow !!

2 Likes

Keep us posted. I’ve never invested in shares but defo considering 1414. Was ready to commit but my unfamiliarity with the process such as hin numbers etc meant I didn’t pull the trigger. Decided to go to the meeting bext week to learn more.

I suppose it would be nice to invest in an innovative Australian company that actually makes something!

1 Like

Hmmm, can’t post that vid. If you reply to my post, you can get the url and copy / paste it to your browser.

It’s the 1414 presentation they did in Melbourne tonight.

I went to the presentation. Did anybody else attend? What were your thoughts - I’m a bit more pessimistic about the technology now. You get a lot less output than input.

Likewise.

Souly;s been onto it from the start too, … just awaiting him to give it the once over, and his tick of approval…

So,… what do you reckon mate? Good thing?

Once upon a time, I was excited about the potential of Geodynamics and Petratherm (both into hot rocks).

Fortunately, I didn’t put any of my money down (they’re both essentially worthless now, as they couldn’t get the technology to work).

Still, it was a worthwhile step along the pathway towards realising “don’t invest in anything you don’t understand”.

Legally I’m not allowed to say anything as it could be construed as financial advice. I can only state facts.

• It’s a different product in the renewable field.
  • Works with all energy types, even coal if you wanted to.
  • No domestic use unless you can get the heat into each house so not good for Australian market (unlike some places in Europe that use geothermal into the home so setup the piping required from the start).
  • No good purely for electricity storage, although the heat can be used with gas generators.
  • From the presentation their income stream seems to be about servicing the units as opposed to just selling them.
  • Excellent for certain industries.
  • Scale-able tech.
  • Batteries seems to be their main competitor.
  • Pumped storage is closest thing comparing what they do.

Major progress in the area of throw away shopping bags, now that supermarkets have banned them.
I tried some reuseable bags and found these Baggu Bags, which are long lasting. I bought mine from www.retroletterdesigns.com
I think the phase out of the throw away bags is next week.
Good news for marine life.