Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

Why not these? We had them years ago then they suddenly vanished.

1 Like

I’ve been asking that question for the past 2 years & have never gotten a decent answer.

Expense?? It’s not like they couldn’t add a slight .001% rise to cover it like they’ve done in the past for EFTPOS fees etc, … & now they are going to charge you for other bags anyway, … sooo. ?? FIIK.

Must have been expense. I reckon we might soon see. My local has gone bag free and there are massive queues and service has slowed down to a crawl as people carefully pack their bags and generally slow the checkout process down. If revenues drop as a result the supermarkets will be looking for a solution quick smart.

Paper bags work well. Charge me a few cents I’m not fussed.

But make me remember to have reusable bags on me. I hate you for eternity.

1 Like

Hey, Preliminary_Point2 — is that you yourself in your avatar, playing the Conn bass sax ?

I always have a couple of string bags in the car, or one on me.

You are very 1950’s

2 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

What, no shopping jeep ?

2 Likes

When Mrs Fox got us one of those, I suddenly felt very very old.

I think the problem with those was that they weren’t completely biodegradable despite the pr. From memory they were made from plastic fibres in a cellulose matrix, so when they ‘composted’ they just broke down into lots of little bits of plastic rather than one big bit. When that came out, plus the increased cost, I think nobody bothered with them any more.

1 Like

And in other news just from the last day or two, the Antarctic ice shelf is melting 3 times as fast as it was ten years ago, and a large German survey has found that insect populations have dropped by 75% in the past 25 years. But yeah, no ecological catastrophe in progress to see here, so the political media can feel free to go on obsessing myopically about Barnaby Joyce’s love life or the latest ■■■■■■■ newspoll as per usual.

4 Likes

No…I’m not that old, but string bags are far more convenient than paper bags. Completely re-usable.

Coles or Woolies could have paper bags as a option as well
15 cents for a reusuable plastic bag or 10 cents for a paper bag.
I think some people would like paper bags due to environment, but also old style feel.

Nothing wrong with shopping jeeps.
Almost neo-fashionable

I got seriously bagged out for buying a trolley at a food & wine show a few years back. The next year every fkn wannabe hipster there’s got a trolley.

1 Like

Deckham has one of those.

No it’s Colin Stetson who plays that. It’s from the DJ thread where you have to take the avatar if you loose. The philistines didn’t recognise the brilliance of that type of sax.

I didn’t recognise him: I’ve only heard Stetson on alto. I think his alto’s a Selmer Mk VI…
I just googled him - alto AND bass sax - don’t know how I missed that. I’ve some good listening in store now, thanks to you !

That’s no surprise — but in the end it’s their loss.

I’m mainly tenor & bari, but I’ve been looking for a Conn bass sax for a couple of years now. They’re very hard to find.

1 Like

Was that the Cryosat study?