Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

The Cryosat study concentrated on the Western Antarctica and the melting caused by CO2 funnily enough happened right right over the 91 volcanoes discovered in 2017

Maybe the new wind blowing in the White House has let the real scientists express their true feelings.

That article was published in 2015 sorfed, hm was talking about data collected recently.

Plus I’m assuming when you say real scientists, then share this info, it’s all fine for Antarctica to replenish but the fact remains the melt still goes into the ocean, in both the poles, this is where the problem is Arisorftle

Get ready for “Its not CO2 causing the antarctic to melt” as well as at the same time “Sea ice is at record levels”.

Published in 2015?
“Sea ice in the Arctic grew to its annual maximum extent last week, and joined 2015, 2016 and 2017

The bit about 91 volcanos being discovered in 2017 was published in 2015?
Who are you, Dr Who?

As an aside Havare Seamount erupted in 2012, 1000km from NZ, the largest undersea eruption in a century was not discovered until 2017.
No worries though, all that CO2 and heat had absolutely no effect on climate.
Me driving to the shops to pick up a loaf of bread on the other hand is destroying the planet.

Perhaps as an enthusiast on renewables can answer me a question.
How big a battery would you need to compensate for the UK being completely without wind power for 9 days?

In mid summer, … with solar panels??

Same size as normal :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You are loving the buffy gifs lately

1 Like

4 Likes

Are you counting the solar panels twice? they are already committed to the power system.

What is normal size for 9 days supply? Unless you have a magical plan to recharge them using unicorn farts you could not build a battery large enough without sinking the British Isles.
Do the math, a 120Mw battery costing $100 miĺion lasts a country village like Adelaide that has no industrial infrastructure to speak of for 4.5 minutes. Try that on a country like the UK with apopulation of 70 million for 9 days.

Trump is slapping a 30% tariff on imported solar panels to “help the local industry”. It’ll all but kill the local industry. But, he knows that.

You do know that those 91 volcanoes are dormant and buried under massive ice sheets, right? The only way they’re causing CO2 emissions is by causing excitable denialists to talk about them.

5 Likes

:flushed:

FFS. Too dumb to survive climate change.

3 Likes

I’m not a scientist… She really should have left it there.

6 Likes

Does anyone know anyone who watches Sky News? If other outlets stopped reporting what went on in their programs it’d disappear back to where it rightly came.

Yet another false dilemma in “Prices vs emissions reduction”. Prices will decline with low emissions tech. They will remain high with high emissions tech.

This is now the MCA and their political plants vs the energy generators/business council/public/private and public finance interests/plain sense. If they manage to get another coal thermal plant built or even one of the existing ones refurbished our democracy is a pile of garbage.

Edit: forgot to add, if the MCA keep up their bullshit about coal BHP, which is 17% of their membership, their biggest, has threatened to leave by December. Lot of things coming to a critical juncture in the next number of months. COAG and the NEG, MCA memberships, Victorian and federal elections. Energy situation could look vastly different in 9 months time. I can see the NEG going through with the ACCC recommendations which will speed up renewables. BHP making more threats but remaining in the MCA, the LNP winning in Victoria and going hard on coal thermal and coal seam gas, Labor winning the federal election and ending the energy wars at the federal level. So, it will largely be over but Victoria will be set back for one electoral cycle where it could have potentially caught up to SA.

2 Likes

I think last year their ratings were something like 20-30k in prime time, with the majority of viewers being in the 55+ demographic.

30,000 old men yelling at clouds. Oooooh. That’s why it’s called “Sky”. Got it.

3 Likes

How many people go through airports during prime time. There’s your 30k. People forced to watch it because they play it at every gate and lounge.

EFA