Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

Australia’s gas exports have lowered the world price. This has affected Qatar’s economy. They used to be the leading exporter of LPG.

When you have a look at how that has transformed Doha, you can see that they have reinvested the proceeds into building up the country’s infrastructure, including one of the world’s best airlines, as well as hospitals and universities. Quite a change from what was essentially just a backwater fishing village a few decades ago.

Yet we give away our LPG and allow multinationals to take all the profits tax free, with nothing invested for the country (except the ports that the big ships take the LPG from) and paradoxically Australian consumers are paying over the odds for our own finite resources.

What will this country have to show for this LPG “bonanza” once the resource has been depleted?

There can’t be too many “clever countries” that are this stupid.

6 Likes

Before renewables under the evil coal using capitalist system the price of electricity was peak 28c off peak 17c - now 41c & 23c. Before Hazelwood 34c & 17c immediately after closure 37c & 19c.
The law of supply and demand.
That is not a coincidence.

1 Like

Do you want to explain to me how tripling profits is the poor company suffering under ridiculous leftist dogma?

You know/heard our extremely high prices are due to Energy Companies Price Gouging, Profiteering and generally rorting the Public, … right?

How the fk do renewables come into rising prices??

Are you one of those “Anti-Factsers”??

It is really simple, when you use gas to generate electricity to supplement the variable and erratic supply of renewable sources of electricity (hydro excepted) you have buy it from existing supplies that means more demand for the same quantity of gas.
Again, supply and demand.

It is the same principle that mandating alcohol be added to fuel causes an increase in the price of corn resulting in the poor in Africa to go hungry or starve.

“We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.”

Ayn Rand

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt." — Abe Lincoln.

4 Likes

Ayn friggin’ Rand!

4 Likes

“Better to retire gracefully from the debate than prove over and over what a ■■■■ you are.” - Reboot

5 Likes

Nationalise critical infrastructure.

1 Like

You mean take it back after incompetent politicians sold it to balance the books.

4 Likes

May explain a lot.

Good article on the wholesale price increase after the closure. Most of us already understand it. Interesting the energy regulator blames the wholesale price rise on black coal thermal importing. Of course, as more renewables are added to the mix it will put downward pressure on wholesale prices.

Can you point out to me one example of renewable energy causing a fall in power prices.
Germany, Denmark or the good old US of A where power prices are up.

[quote=“wimmera1, post:3630, topic:170, full:true”]
Ayn friggin’ Rand!
[/quote]I
Is that all you got, typical response from a lefty, no argument or facts presented, just mindless insult or derogation.

More of an exclamation than an insult, really.

It is the low frequency drone sound that affects people’s Central Nervous System even people who are not energy, sensory, sensitive.

Friends of mine live down near Foster. They have wind turbines quite close by. I used to sit outside and meditate by watching the turbine blades go around. It is almost hypnotizing. By the fifth day I had no energy I could hardly get out of bed. I looked like someone who had Cerebral Palsy.

Two weeks after leaving and going home, I was o.k. again. Both my friends and I, believe it was caused by being in close proximity to the wind turbines which prior to my experience, I had no experience with wind turbines. If someone had have mentioned an experience like mine to me, I would have been dubious.

1 Like

Wholesale prices have dropped in SA.

1 Like

Is it possible you were suffering from a virus at the time?

GBRF Announce Plans To Spend $444 Million Painting All The Coral Pretty Colours Again

WENDELL HUSSEY

The Great Barrier Reef Foundation (GBRF) has revealed today what they plan to do with the $444 million dollar grant they have been given.

Anna Marsden, the Managing Director of the GBRF, an organisation shadow directed by mining companies, sat down with The Betoota Advocate for an exclusive interview.

After receiving the largest ever non-profit grant in the nation’s history, the 6 employee strong organisation has grand plans.

Despite being slammed from all sides, including by Michael Myer, a member of the Myer Dynasty who was a financial donor and board member until he quit because of the corporate agenda the organisation was driving, the GBRF says that the funding will be well spent.

“Look, I understand some people might be confused about a shady organisation getting the better part of half a billion dollars in funding when the CSIRO is being punished to death by a thousand cuts,” Marsden said.

“But, we have a great initiative that I am really pleased to announce. We will be hiring a handful of divers to go and paint all of the dead coral that has been bleached!”

“How goods that hey? We are working with a couple of scientists to develop an underwater paint that can last up to 20 years a coat, so future generations won’t miss out,” she said.

The Advocate contacted Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull about the grant, and he explained that he has been given assurances that the money won’t be going to waste.

“Yes $444 is over half of the CSIRO’s annual funding of roughly 800 million. But I met with the GBRF and their 6 part-time employees who are so generously donating their time between boardroom meetings for at the Adani offices in Eagle street”

“I believe they will be able to achieve so much more than the 5,500 people working at our country’s flagship science organisation.”

“So put that in your newspaper,” he said.

5 Likes

Yes, Prime Minister. Fishy, well not at all, you see …

Meeting between the Prime Minister of Australia and the Minister for Energy and the Environment the Rt. Honorable Josh Frydenberg representing the Commonwealth, and Dr. John Schubert representing The Great Barrier Reef Foundation.

April 9 2018

Schubert: “Good afternoon, Prime Minister, Minister Freydenberg. Please take a seat. May I enquire as to the reason for your visit?”

Turnbull: “I want to give your company $440 million. No, it’s closer to half a billion …

Schubert: “Good lord, that’s a lot of money. And might I enquire as to why you have selected us?”

Turnbull: “Do you mind if I close the door. You understand that this is all highly confidential.”

Schubert: “What is?”

Turnbull: “Well you see, in the May budget we managed to cut $500 million from Early Childhood development. Nobody noticed. Nice piece of work by the Treasurer wouldn’t you say, Josh?”

Frydenberg: “Yes, Prime Minister. It went as planned. ‘Save’ might be a better word Prime Minister.”

Turnbull: “Pardon.”

Frydenberg: “A better word than ‘cut,’ Prime Minister.”

Turnbull: “Of course.”

Frydenberg: “Yes, Prime Minister”

Turnbull: “Yes of course, Josh. Well we managed to save some money and we think you are well placed to put it to better use. The reef for example. And some of your directors are friends of ours. A lot of them actually. Lucy even had two of your directors over for lunch. Anyway the money will eventually make its way to the right places.”

Schubert: “The reef, you say. What it needs most is urgent action against climate change.”

Turnbull: “Oh goodness no, we were not thinking along those lines at all.”

Schubert: “Oh I see. I’m beginning to get your drift. Yes we don’t do climate stuff. It upsets some of our donors. Tell me how did you find us?”

Turnbull: “Some of my friends at Goldman Sachs recommended your foundation. Have you had a chance to peruse the agreement?”

Schubert: “Well to be honest it did pass my desk but I thought someone was trying to pull my leg. For example it said we could spend $40 million on administration no questions asked. It sounded well; it looked a little fraudulent if you ask me. If it’s a grant, it would seem to lack process, due diligence is “entirely absent”. There isn’t much transparency.”

Turnbull: “Doctor, if you’re not interested we can … ”

Schubert: “Oh please don’t take me the wrong way, Prime Minister. The agreement also indicated that the CSIRO would have to approach us for funds.”

Turnbull: “Is that correct, Josh?”

Frydenberg: “Yes, Prime Minister.”

Schubert: “A bit like winning tattslotto, isn’t it? Won’t someone find out that $500 million has gone missing from the early childhood development budget. That fellow Shorten is rather smart.”

Turnbull: “Probably not, but if they do the storm should pass in a few days. Any further questions? Anyway it has passed in the budget.”

Schubert: “Well there is the question of transparency. I read that Law professor Tim Stephens has jumped in, saying that cutting greenhouse gas emissions was a key to helping the reef. You know we don’t get involved in that area. Actually we don’t believe in that. Well most of our members don’t.”

Turnbull: “Yes, you said that before.

I thought you would have been better briefed than this.”

Turnbull: “I know you have been busy with energy Josh but how much does John know.”

Frydenberg: “The more he knows the less the better, Prime Minister.”

Turnbull: “Yes I realise that, Josh but … “

Frydenberg: “Yes, Prime Minister, it’s just that the climate, if you will pardon the pun, has gotten a little out of control and I have been trying to fix it so I asked Christopher to do the briefing. He rang this morning to say that what I thought he said was only a figment of my imagination. That what I think I thought he meant is not what he meant at all. That when he says something and I take it to mean one thing he has the option of saying that what I thought I heard was not what I heard at all. Man’s a ■■■■■■ fool.”

Turnbull: “Yes of course I understand, least I think I do. Josh, you stay behind and brief Mr. Schubert thoroughly. It’s a good chance to pick up a little extra on the allowances. Mr. Schubert has got to understand the end objective here.

And tell Pyne not to worry so much about what people think of him. Jesus, if only he knew how little they did.”

Frydenberg:I think he needs a manager boss, if you want my opinion he has been handling himself to long. Too busy thinking about what’s in it for him.”

Turnbull: “Umm we have a few like that. Delighted to have you on board, John.”

Schubert: “Thank you, Prime Minister. Well gentlemen if you don’t mind its Friday and I have a luncheon appointment with the CEO.”

Turnbull: “Why don’t you take the staff and break the news? I’m sure the 8 of you will be in for promotions all round.”

Schubert: “Just amazing to think that you would hand responsibility for the reef’s future to one tiny private charity. I’m sure that with former executives from BHP, Origin Energy and GE Mining on the board that we are the right folks for the job.”

Turnbull: “Yes, so are we. That right, Josh?”

Postscript

Frydenberg: “What do you think, Malcolm?”

Turnbull: “Most of it will be up to you, Josh. Just keep everyone as confused as you possibly can. We don’t want anyone to know what the end game is. Especially the public servants.”

Frydenberg: “Yes, Prime Minister. Remember Orwell wrote an excellent book for dyslexics called 1948.”

2 Likes