Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

Last coup,e of decades have seen state and territory governments dominated by Labor governments while federally we seem to love going conservative. I suspect it has something to do with Murdoch and 3GB going full retard in federal campaigns in Qld and NSW.

I donā€™t know where to start here, and I donā€™t want to be labeled an alarmist. But G, you really need to do more research. You talk about ACC being far fetched and talk about models being wrong. These are two different things, models are about predicting the future. The data that shows the current warming is caused by increased GGā€™s is pretty much bet your house on it stuff.

Good on you for your smart house design. (serious).

But you need to update your prejudices.

People do joke about how far behind the news Queenslanders are. This is evidence for them.

Is ADANI serious here?

Now saying theyā€™ll make it smaller and fund it themselves, and ā€œItā€™s going ahead in December!ā€

Fkn Lol, ā€¦ be lucky to have the paper work in for the first permit/approval of about 20 theyā€™ll have to go through by then, ā€¦ and countless objections/ law suits to nearly every one of them.

Couldnā€™t lie straight in fkn Bed these douchebags, fair dinkum. :roll_eyes:

Can you tell my AP is so keen to jump onto bed with them

Sorry? :thinking:

Was that previous high temperature taken in 1900 at Cairns Post Office which is 470 metres from the waterfront with a mercury thermometer over a 10 minute period?

Was the current record temperature taken 160 metres from taxiway servicing jet aircraft 2500 metres from the waterfront using an electronic thermometer over a 1 second period, something I might add is less than the 10 second requirement.

God you people are easily manipulated.

And a couple of weeks ago it was snowing heavily in the high country.
Itā€™s called weather.
Most extremes whether it be temperature or rainfall are caused by a slow moving front.

1 Like

Hereā€™s some questions you may want to ask yourself. Whether you choose to answer them here is, of course, entirely up to you.

9 Likes

How many times have we heard theyā€™re ready to start? Must have payment coming up on a loan they need moula for.

1 Like

Jeez, Iā€™m glad youā€™re on the case, Iā€™m sure that none of the professionals working in the BoM would have EVER even thought of that. No, Iā€™m sure that it would NEVER have occurred to them to calibrate older measurement methods against newer ones to ensure consistent results as technology advanced, or to calibrate newer measurement locations against older ones. And hell, if the new location routinely reports results that are 5 degrees higher than the older one, then iā€™m sure nobody would have noticed or cared. I mean, Cairns area is heavily economically reliant on agriculture and reef tourism, Iā€™m sure temperature/weather reports that are wildly wrong would NEVER have been noticed by anyone working in those sectors, right? Yeah, and everyone knows that Cairns and FNQ are a hotbed of latte-sipping avocado-smashing dreadlocked lefty interpretive dance artists, right, so Iā€™m sure everyone there HAPPILY goes along with the Big Climate conspiracyā€¦

I never cease to be amazed at the sheer contempt that climate deniers have for the basic competence of pretty much everyone involved in science or weather ever. The arrogance is just mindblowing.

7 Likes

I was driving, text to speech sucks.

Why is our premier so keep to work with Adani when she platformed on saving the reef?

1 Like

And you said I had no sense of humour

Thanks sorfed, that was ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  hilarious

4 Likes

Didnā€™t you know? Thereā€™s a big worldwide conspiracy against fossil fuels from the greenies. Oh, and the researchers. Oh, and the economists. Oh, and the business groups. Yeah, theyā€™re all trying to change our world for the worse. Apparently that means wealth redistribution away fromā€¦ fossil fuel miners and burners. Thatā€™s end times my friend. But, what about these idiots in government trying to build more wind farms eh? ā€œWe need a mix of energyā€. I hope they mean theyā€™re just going to build more coal plants because I canā€™t see how else you can power the grid than the way it has been powered. Itā€™s sheer madness. Iā€™m not even sure that gas peaking is a good idea. I reckon they should just build ten more coal plants and just let the bastards burn all day and night. At least we can dig it up and burn it. Keeps the commodities ticking along. Is there any other way to run an economy? No. There isnā€™t. If thereā€™s one thing Iā€™ve learned about history itā€™s that the technology youā€™re using at the time is the best that has ever been and it simply canā€™t get any better.

1 Like

Wants a bob each way I guess

This was addressed previously:

Just checked back in history since the old JBP Govt days were finally ousted in 1989.

In the last 29 years, Qld has been under a Labor Govt for 24 out of the 29 years, while WA has been under Labor for 12 out of 29.

Or to put in to other words, we have been under a LNP Govt for 5 years v 17 years in WA in the last 29.

Judging by these stats, itā€™s obvious that if you are from WA, you are almost 3 & 1/2 times more likely to be a Tory loving redneck, than if you are from Qld.

So instead of slinging shitt at how much we are climate deniers over here in Qld (I can accept the slings from people like Bacchus etc as Vic is predominantly Labor), why donā€™t you address the elephant in the room which is that WA generally has been much more right wing than Qld in the last 29 years?

3 Likes

New quarterly emissions data released today. Not only a new Australian record for emissions, but the highest quarterly growth in emissions since 2004. Yay us.

3 Likes

Except of course Mr Clayton, Qld is actually two different States with a massive difference between Brisbane and surrounds and then the rest.

Though I agree that FNQ is absolutely more progressive than all of WA

How about these facts which are taken over a month, fark your 1 or 10 or 20 second rule:
Average This Month 33.6Ā°
Hottest November On Record Avg. max. temp. 32.2Ā°

I can tell you now, it is stinking hot up here, worse than anywhere else I ever lived, incl 5 years in country NSW where summer temperatures got to mid 40ā€™s & 13 years in Darwin.

The coral is guaranteed to bleach for the 3rd time in 4 years this summer, when it used to be at worst case scenario, once every 10 years.

It is 1.5 C worse over a period of a month, worse than anytime in history, so you can stick your every 1 or 10 second rule up your arsse.

The heat up here atm is UNPRECEDENTED, so say the records, so say ancient old RWNJ farmers who still vote for the National party.

10 Likes