Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

You gotta learn to ignore nuffies like sorfedinthehead there Cam.

You can’t get knowledge into someone with the IQ of a briquette, so don’t bother trying, you’ll just do your own head in.

Laugh at the fool, and scroll on, … stress less. :+1:

3 Likes

Thought it was a quality serve myself

3 Likes

I’m studying energy and national security at the national security college.

Key takeawy - Australian energy security is ■■■■■■.

2 Likes

Yeah but we mine coal soz all good.

Very limited analysis conducted in National energy security assessments
We are unique amongst developed countries in having zero government owned fuel stocks and zero industry mandated fuel stocks
100% reliance on the market
Reliant on imported fuels (90%)
WE don’t meet IEA mandated stocks
There are only 4 refineries and they are aging
We don’t have a significant home grown industry (engineers and technicians)
We don’t have a clear regulator (rather a smashing together of jurisdictions working on good will)
We are heavily reliant on road transport for resupply
Cars remain the best method of personal transport in urban sprawl

These are my notes from today’s session.

7 Likes

Scott Morrison: “we are taking climate change very seriously, but we won’t be doing anything to address it.”

2 Likes

Gotta be some interesting contracts that have brought all that about. Bit like being the only country to have no domestic gas reserve or collecting bugger all royalties. We’re effectively the mining giant’s free giveaway. Wonder who else is getting rich out of these deals…

All I’ll say is I live in Cairns and it’s never been this frickin hot up here. But it’s great to see the kids of tomorrow taking action against our useless government!

5 Likes

Being cleaner should always be a good thing. In all walks of life…

Don’t understand why it isn’t.

2 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes

I liked, ‘It’s getting hot in here, so take off all your coal.’

3 Likes

They’ve got their head so far in the sand, all they see is coal

Everytime I see that photo I think it’s pbotoshopped

1 Like

So you’re summary is, we farkt?

2 Likes

We dat brother

1 Like

I remember looking at the fuel mandatory supply.

From memory Germany had something like 120 days supply in reserve.

For Aus it will just increase the cost of petrol unnecessarily. To prevent supply of fuel in war you would have blockade navallly all of Aus and get here first. If you can blockade you can shoot rockets to destroy all the refineries anyway.

Fuel reserves is for a WW2 war, future war fare is unlikely to be like that.

It was claimed England had two record temperatures set last summer.
The first was at London airport until it was discovered the weather station was sited next to a runway and the 1 second temperature reading was taken 5 secendonds after a jet plane took off.
The second was at a boat club, the weather station was sited on an asphalt car park next to the administration block an an ice cream truck had been parked alongside it for 30 minutes with the engine running.
Both disproved.
But hey, whatever it takes to fool the public.

1 Like

Should have added, as I write wind is supplying less the 3% of Victoria’s power, tell me, how many more windmills will it take to achieve Daniels 40% target.

More on the appoaching solar minimum.

Question that concerns me is how long will it last and what its impact on climate will be. Discuss