Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

It was still hot, though, right?
A hot day in a hot season in a hot year on the back of several other hot days, seasons and years?

Sorfed’s solution to global warming: make parked ice cream trucks turn off their engines.

3 Likes

Is this a serious question?

Fixed.

3 Likes

I think it is as sorted likes to remind everybody that lefties don’t have a sense of humour.

I don’t find mental health issues funny

2 Likes

Indulge sorfed - this site would be the poorer without him.

You know what, I even thought that about E12 but not so sure about sorfed

Hopefully an electric or a hybrid sir

More info on solar activity outcomes

http://www.landscheidt.info/?q=aggregator/sources/1

And if they had a cool day would that prove an Ice Age was upon us and we will all freeze to death?

Yes.
Because my entire opinion of global warming is based on one hot day in Shropshire or some friggin’ place.
Well done.
Those sneaky ice-cream van conspirators.
It’s always the ones you least suspect.

1 Like

this is what makes sorfed unique, with guys like wolfy or E12, they’d just disappear when people called out their argument, sorted doubles down on the dumb.

1 Like

He is old and dying, so wants to infect his misery on the rest.

It didn’t rain in Hoi An today, but no-one seems to think it will not rain again. But locals reckon they are having more typhoon events than ever recorded in history.

It’s quite mild here today. I consider this single point of data to be comparable to global annual temperatures and will use it to dismiss what I am told about them.

What a stupid remark.

Pot / Kettle, …

1 Like

More, or less stupid than driving out to the airport on the hottest day in the towns recorded history to take a photo of an ice-cream truck, would you say?

Again, not answering the question.
Although given the standard of education in this country simple calculation would be beyond you.

I wil simplify things for you, with a 40% renewable target you need a 55% dependable power source.

Hydroelectricity provides a maximum of 5% of Australia’s power, 2% or less for NSW Queensland and Victoria combined.
This leaves 37%.

Gas is not a renewable source and solar contributes nothing or virtually nothing between the 2 hours before and after sunset.

Victoria requires in excess of 4,100 Kw during the night, 37% of which equals 1,517Kw.

At one stage two nights ago Victorian generation was varying between 38-56Kw from 746 turbines.

Question: (which I know you will not answer or are incapable of answering) is

How many turbines will it take to produce a 100% reliable power source for that 37%.

Bearing in mind this is only for a period between the hours of 2:00am and 4:00am, well before the public transport system ramps up.

746 turbines, 0.9% of required demand.

It’s going to be fun finding a place for the extra 8,000 turbines.

3 Likes

You’re a very strange man. Why do you presume:

Victoria will need to generate all of its own power all of the time.

It will all have to be wind power.