Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

Gas

Unlike coal can scale up or down dependant on needs. So can be used more at night if that is the need, especially on still nights.

The current Coal plants have to be shut down. Having a mix of renewables and gas replace these plants is the sensible answer.

GIt’s 3500bc in the fertile crescent and Grunk is explaining to the members of the small community that he is a part of, the potential benefits of his invention.
“I call it the wheel and it will revolutionise the way we early human beings travel and transport goods from one place to another”, sprouts Grunk. “Its applications are near endless”, he continued.

Then tribal elder Ughsorfed interrupts Grunk. “It will never work” ranted Ughsorfed, “we must continue dragging eveything along the ground, that is the way things always have been done and always will be done” he proclaimed.

11 Likes

Grunk is sorfed right?

1 Like

L.O.L

I don’t know a lot about the climate change debate. One of the thing i don’t understand. What is the reason given by sceptics as to why an overwhelming percentage of the scientific community come to the same conclusion about our planets climate.

Do they allege it Is gross incompetence of the entire scientific community? Is it a conspiracy? Are they being somehow manipulated? They have just gotten it wrong?

I don’t understand how people rationalise it.

Surely if there is a chance, even a small chance that scientists are correct then we don’t take the gamble of cooking our environment. We take out insurance for our houses in case they burn down…

One thing surely we can all agree on is that we need a planet to live on.

4 Likes

This is a question many of us ask.

I just think that blokes like sorfed are just dumb as dogshite and should follow Fark Carlton.

2 Likes

@sorfed are you a sceptic?
If so how do you explain the scientific consensus?

There is something called the precautionary principle which should be observed according to the Environmental Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act. It rarely is.

To your first point, yes, scientists are all on the make, out for what they can get, collectively. Wait for the post-climate change cocktail party once they’ve fooled all the pollies and governments into actually doing something substantial. Going to be a doozy.

2 Likes

They tend to think the consensus is overstated and there is, in reality, a big disagreement within the scientific community about it. Of course, anyone who has studied any of the life sciences and researched has come upon a number of studies that support anthropogenic climate change. Never studies that dispute it. Despite access to countless studies within databases across the globe.

The very stupid among them think there is also some conspiracy where political parties are paying scientists to say what they want them to.

No right wing scientists ???

Funding programs all over the World both private and government come with political overtones. The system here is rife with cronyism and bias. A young scientist needs to toe the line to get on to the funding merry-go-round.

I read about 50% of geologists aren’t on board.
No idea of accuracy on that, just something I read.

Because mining is their bread and butter?

1 Like

I’m sure I couldn’t say.

Well, they do all have rocks in their head

They’re just in ore of all the climate scientists…
Or stoned.

All these puns quartz me right out

You know the drill, or is the fault mine?

Not sure. Could be yours, could be mine.

Trying to take the mantle of the geological record holder of puns?

1 Like

Core, that’s a good one.

2 Likes