Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

You’re really reaching. You’re in conspiracy theory territory. I think you need to take a step back and realise you’re arguing against this because you’ve decided what you think is true about it and you can’t let go of it. It’s ok to be wrong. Everyone is about things at times. If you keep doing this you’re going to look and feel worse and worse over the next decade.

1 Like

BYO coffee mug its cheaper. Less washing up for cafe’s etc.

Most of our plastics go into the landfill - can’t sell it. Put everything back into glass with a deposit on the empties, give the kids something to do and make a bit of pocket money. We all did it as kids.

1 Like

Sorfed posts in this thread just frequently enough for people to forget for a split second that he is a complete moron

1 Like

Where tap water is safe to drink, bottled water in containers under 2 litres should be taxed off the shelves and more public fountains provided.

2 Likes

No tax in Port Fairy then. Tap water needs full filtration. It’s a major topic of conversation here.

Plenty of people demand a rental of a 24-pack of bottled water to allow friends to stay.

You are far too sensitive beni.

Complete morons are necessary in our society in order to bring the average down, so one can aspire to being above average.

1 Like

There used to be public water fountains and horse troughs everywhere when I was a kid. Its a good idea.

Rome is riddled with them, has been for centuries. They’re a godsend in the summer, and just a lovely communal touchstone. Only drink from the potable ones mind.

Public drinking taps are gross, I’d rather get my herpes the old fashioned way

You’re not meant to blow them.

Anyway the old Italian ones are just perpetually trickling down-facing tap protrusions or pedal release jobbies, that’s the shiz. Cup your hands, splash your face, have a drink.

I’m sure there were horse hitch rings in my hometown when I was a kid.
Don’t know if there are any still there.
I didn’t know what they were until I saw them on the net with the, ‘do you know what this is?’ teaser.

1. Wow. (Slowly backing away).
  2. Why can none of these conspiracy freaks build a decent friggin’ website?
1 Like

This is an element that’s perplexed me for a very long time, there are some half decent flat earth ones, heaps of well designed antivax ones, but the climate skeptics one all look like free websites from geocities.

Then I worked it out.

It’s because climate skeptics are all complete luddites who can barley use a computer.

I’m not so sure.

Their website may be crap (dunno, i haven’t looked and don’t plan to) but I did a whois lookup, and whoever it is put this together ARE savvy enough to launder their domain name purchase through Domains By Proxy LLC, who are basically an anonymiser for domain name purchases and who have a long history of providing anonymously registered domain names for scammers and political dirty tricksters.

Someone who is completely clueless about computers wouldn’t have known to do that.

That’s just obtaining the domain.

The actual design is trash, worse than wix

That is a computer simulation generated by empirical data.
Not a model using made up parameters which at best are a guess.
Go back a couple of years and the Met Office using climate models on their brand spanking new £70 million supercomputer forecast BBQ summers 3 years in a row.
Rained nonstop.
Now they give their forecasts in generalities.

Answer me these questions:
How many climate programs are out there bearing in mind all the government departments, universities, weather bureaus.
How many runs have there been using direct parameters.
Multiply them to give the number of projections generated.

How many of them agree 100% with any other projection.

Seven.

2 Likes

Admittedly he is no Leonardo DeCaprio, Al Gore or Bill Nye the science guy but Roy W. Spencer the Luddite who received his Ph.D. in meteorology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1981. Before becoming a Principal Research Scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville in 2001, he was a Senior Scientist for Climate Studies at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center, where he and Dr. John Christy received NASA’s Exceptional Scientific Achievement Medal for their global temperature monitoring work with satellites. Dr. Spencer’s work with NASA continues as the U.S. Science Team leader for the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer flying on NASA’s Aqua satellite. He has provided congressional testimony several times on the subject of global warming.

Dr. Spencer’s research has been entirely supported by U.S. government agencies: NASA, NOAA, and DOE. He has never been asked by any oil company to perform any kind of service. Not even Exxon-Mobil.

Then there is Judith Curry the Luddite who buried Michael Mann in debate.

Just remember one thing about climate change, it was a term used by the sceptics when the alarmists were using Global Warming later to become Anthropogenc Global Warming the Catostrophic Anthropogenic Warming until they finally woke up that the warming was not following the models, then they started using the term Climate Change.

Again I ask the question why is the Little Ice Age, the coldest period in the last 8000 years used as the baseline for temperature rise.

As an aside, the principal protagonist for global warming did the mathematics for a study in the early 70’s which stated the maximum rise for CO2 was between 1.5 and 2.0C.

1 Like

I like the way you portray NASA as an untrustworthy source and then hail their awards and support.

3 Likes