Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

His greed is insatiable.

Completely unlike the fine folks at Exxon Mobil, British Petroleum, Shell, BHP, the Koch Brothers, Rupert, Gina, Clive…

Might be better than being one of the last few to die and having witnessed the very worst of human behaviour which won’t be pretty and in times which may be coming and hard to imagine.

History keeps repeating itself and the strong will overcome the weak. Its would be nice to think about everyone sharing and helping each other but in the end often that’s not what happens.

1 Like

The only way to prep for societal breakdown is to make allies. No matter how well prepared you are, there’ll always be more of everyone else, and if it’s you against them, you’ll lose. The best group of anti-societal-breakdown allies is one that contains everyone. In fact, it’s society. If you want to survive, work to strengthen and unify your society and correct its excesses. Make friends with your neighbours. Prevention is better than cure.

(And historically, when civilisations have fallen and ■■■■ has hit fans, one thing that’s noticable is that people DON’T dissolve into rampant murder and cannibalism etc at the drop of a hat - people hunker down with friends and family and neighbours. Central govt breaks down, but local instutitions etc persist. How applicable that is to a modern society like ours where subsistence skills are fairly thin on the ground is an open question, but if history is any indication, people aren’t quite as instinctively scummy as the worst predictions of preppers etc would believe…)

1 Like

Living about 50km North of Melbourne on 19 acres, (reasonable veggie garden, some solar panels and tank water) we would be somewhat self sufficient. This has not stopped my wife and I discussing what we would do if water/food runs short in Melbourne, we could have hordes of people heading our way looking for food etc.

Pretty scary thoughts but unfortunately not unlikely, if not in my time (about to turn 60) certainly in my son’s lifetime.

Vics will be competing with every other mainlander for a spot on the boat to Tassie.

1 Like

Only if people have some other sort of transport or could get hold of or afford the cost of fuel which will in all likelyhood sky rocket.

Your system needs Solar Panels which do not feed into the grid and a decent battery bank. If you have a wood fire get a plumber to wind copper pipe around the flu and hook it up to run your hot water as well as your solar HSW. It is a duel system.

Get your veggie garden happening and enclose it with poles and bird wire and facing north preferably behind your water tanks. With a gate big enough to take a trailer full of manure. This will enable to grow in the dead of winter and almost all year around. Protect your food from animals. Compost well and mulch heavily.

Get yourself some chooks and ducks for eggs and for meat.

Bottle fruit and veggies.

Recycle your water. Put buckets into the shower and catch as much water as you. Hook up your spouts to tanks where ever you have roofing. Teach yourself how to recycle and save water.

By doing this you will able to feed and support all your family by doing that and its not that hard or costly and it will save you a lot of money.

I lived 24 kms out of Castlemaine and lived like this for fifteen years. There is a ton of people up your way doing stuff and teaching self sufficiency.

1 Like

do they all have guns to kill intruders ?

and to feed them to the pigs ?

I have seen the movie.

1 Like

Not when I lived up there but who knows now and I’ve seen the movie too.

Vehicles would all need to be converted to LPG / LNG or battery

No comment.

Your best contribution yet.

11 Likes
3 Likes

Lol!
Because that neeeeeever happens to other power-grids.

Wonder why they didn’t panic and scrap the whole grid when it happened where I lived three friggin’ times…

We need a total ban on ornithophobic infrastructure now.

2 Likes

lol, a few years ago a bird was ■■■■■■■ about in the transformer box on the power pole next to my place, consequently blowing it and itself up, knocking a number of houses off the grid.

Effing coal powered electricity grid!!!1

1 Like

Those dastardly Wright Bros!

1 Like

Not to even mention Possum related outages, which have happened since there have been power lines. :roll_eyes:

http://joannenova.com.au/2018/02/third-blackout-in-victoria-blame-the-possums/

Not to mention Trees, … we should probably cut all them down as well.

I don’t know why anyone bothers responding to this nonce, he only does it to get his jollies.

Ignore, ffs.

1 Like

-4 here this morning, with a maximum of 9, Liawenee in central Tasmania was -9.4 this morning.

It’s cold!

1 Like

Captain Velcro, back at it again :joy:

Kangaroos take out cars, better stop driving.