Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

Maybe on the back of a cornflakes packet it is, but in the real world you most definitely have to try and disprove or break something before accepting it as fact or built for purpose.

Which is science.

Coming at it from a different opinion is not.

2 Likes

I think dyslexia is kicking in. I was not responding to you and mentioned nothing about devils advocte etc.

The observations that greenhouse gasses increase greenhouse effect as atmospheric concentration rises have not been disproven despite attempts to do so. Eventually you just go with what the science is telling you if you’re a scientists.

I am finding what Wolf and Trip think the scientific method consists of quite extraordinary.

It’s like they think the global science community consists of half arsed council workers.

2 Likes

It’s hard when you’ve got to keep retreating from the facts while claiming they don’t exist further and further into absurdity.

The site for the Melbourne observations have been recently moved from the corner of La Trobe and Victoria to Olympic Park (although the given co-ordinates given by the BOM indicate Alexander Parade near Queens Parade).
As the new location is obviously cooler and not as susceptible to the effects of massive traffic flow and heat radiation from the high rise buildings that were erected over the past 50 years, the sheltering effects of those buildings from the cooling winds from the South and heat retention from concrete and asphalt what UHI adjustments have been made to the temperature observations at the new site and were those adjustments accurate?

Toowoomba where I live recorded its hottest summer on record and broke 40 for the first time she since temp was recorded up there in 1858

Yes, I think absurd is where we have landed today.

• Its all a massive global conspiracy between leftist academics and scientists, therefore decades of research and findings can’t be trusted.
  • Climate change is a natural phenomenon (duh), therefore warming isn’t impacted by human activity.

I was kinda hoping for the big reveal so we could all be happy burning coal. Dissappointing in a way.

2 Likes

Send an email to the BOM. I’m sure they’ve thought of it all. You’ll find Melbourne average doesn’t just include the CBD though.

Haha, this is the best post in the entire thread.

Because of the massive irony?

Doesn’t matter, Melbourne had a cool summer

1 Like

Absolutely!

Scientists need to be more sciencey! That’s why he ignore their facts, opting to choose to believe material he finds on Andrew Bolts blog. If only scientists were more sciencey we would all take them more seriously. Haha

1 Like

Ah let’s see how my google search goes today with this one.

David Lappi. His graphs are used many many times by sceptics about how the earth has been warmer and the natural progression of things. However, David Lappi, geologist only did one thing which was that graph. His other business was LAPP Resources Inc., described itself as “promoting Alaska as a favorable exploration and production destination for independent petroleum companies”.

As for Joanne Nova, who publishes most of her work through SPPI (Science and Public Policy Institution), yes it’s a climate change denier group (which is ok, you have to have both sides of the story) but their biggest backer (one company who accidentally released the information) is Mobil Exxon.

Oh and the author of the blog also stated this on “I change your mind about climate” in 2012 on the ABC.

…carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas and that adding more to it will warm the planet, yes, absolutely, that’s all well proven solid science known for years, yes. I have no disagreement with any of that. Disagreement is with how much warming there is. Is it going to be a catastrophe or is it going to be 0.5 degrees and as far as we can see the evidence the empirical evidence, and there’s lots of it, all seems to point to it being around about half a degree to maybe one degree with CO2 doubling which is not the catastrophic projections that are coming out from the climate models.

So in one article she says the Earth is cooling, then she states on TV that it’s warming. Sure, not as dramatically as what some predictions are showing but it’s a fair turn around from the Earth is cooling.

So we have geologist working in Alaska with his own mining company and a scientist who is backed with money by a huge mining company and an article in 2010 which states the Earth is cooling but then said in 2012 the Earth is warming.

3 Likes

Yes. There’s science and then there’s “science” that doesn’t fit my worldview and therefore must have been done wrong.

1 Like

And wolftrip must think researchers take ice cores from antatartica to make slurpees

But you know what, that’s okay. Provided those who doubt it go out there, do the work, show their findings, have it peered reviewed and show that their conclusion and method is repeatable. It’s when you stop doing the research and accept that everything is settled where you run into the problems.

Well, sure. You’re going to have a heck of a time if you’re world view is full of woo and conspiracies that fall over with a gentle nudge though.

I am sure the Melbourne temperature would refer only to the CBD area otherwise how would you define the Melbourne area, Pakenham, Werribee, Coldstream Ferny Creek, Melbourne Airport.

http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/observations/melbournemap.shtml