Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

Leaving aside your stupid demographic assumptions.

1 Like

Far out, your generalisations are not only laughably outdated but actually pretty offensive. In case you havenā€™t notices, there are 23 million people in Australia. Trying to profile ALL of them into Left and Right in such simplistic ways isā€¦ I donā€™t knowā€¦ Naive?

The end goal is not to reduce emissions but to reduce climate change.
And as far as I know climate change has not reduced so therefore CPRS failed.

Sigh - I wasnā€™t trying to profile ALL of them.
It was just a general profile which I think most people in politics would agree with.

I should have added to Left profile - ā€œTake everything literally.ā€

Trip you going to vote for Kroger to lead the state liberal party?

Michael Kroger seems to epitomise those blue collar workers outside the white wealthy inner suburbs with such aplomb.

No different to Bill Shorten or Richard ($4 an hour for an au pair) Di Natale.

Nope, your were just flat out wrong and offensive as per usual.

Tell me again who holds the following seats?
Kooyong
Higgins
Goldstein

Does Toorak, Kew and Brighton not count as white wealthy inner city people?

I donā€™t think itā€™s that black and white, pretty much every intelligent righty I know understands and accepts ACC.

2 Likes

Oh please - keep your panties on.
ā€˜Offensiveā€™ - I should I have provided a trigger warning for you.

In any case, Toorak, Kew and Brighton are not inner city.
Inner city for Melbourne refers to Carlton, Brunswick, Fitzroy, Richmond, Sth Yarra, Collingwood. Generally within 5kms of the city - hence the term inner city.

Oh, you think Iā€™m left-leaning? Ha!

MUTHAFUKKA PLEASE!

According to REIV, inner city Melbourne is within 10km of the CBD

https://www.reiv.com.au/property-data/propertydata-files/imo-melbourne-suburbs.aspx

Abbotsford
Aberfeldie
Albert Park
Alphington
Armadale
Ascot Vale
Balaclava
Balwyn
Balwyn North
Bellfield
Brunswick
Brunswick East
Brunswick West
Burnley
Camberwell
Canterbury
Carlton
Carlton North
Caulfield
Caulfield East
Caulfield North
Caulfield South
Clifton Hill
Coburg
Collingwood
Cremorne
Deepdene
Docklands
East Melbourne
Elsternwick
Elwood
Essendon
Essendon West
Fairfield
Fitzroy
Fitzroy North
Flemington
Footscray
Gardenvale
Glen Iris
Hawthorn
Hawthorn East
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe East
Kensington
Kew
Kew East
Kingsville
Kooyong
Maidstone
Malvern
Malvern East
Maribyrnong
Melbourne
Middle Park
Moonee Ponds
Newport
North Melbourne
Northcote
Parkville
Pascoe Vale South
Port Melbourne
Prahran
Preston
Princes Hill
Richmond
Ripponlea
Seddon
South Kingsville
South Melbourne
South Wharf
South Yarra
Southbank
Spotswood
St Kilda
St Kilda East
St Kilda West
Thornbury
Toorak
Tottenham
Travancore
West Footscray
West Melbourne
Williamstown
Williamstown
North
Windsor
Yarraville

1 Like

That is the dumbest misdirection Iā€™ve seen in here. Current climate change is driven by emissions. Have emissions been reduced? Add to that it takes atmospheric conditions a while to rebalance.

And completely ignores the fact we STOPPED the program, of course its no longer working.

1 Like

We stopped the program so it didnā€™t work. Thereby justifying stopping it. Mmm, circular.

100% agree with this. Have worked in both energy and finance industries with died in the wool liberals on other issues, but nearly all take climate change as fact and support action. Banks, utilities, industry and accounting firms are leading the way on this issue and are well ahead of retail politics.

1 Like

Tends to happen when youā€™re not in the pocket of mining and energy giants or cerebrally challenged and indoctrinated.

I know historically energy giants are seen to be against action, see Exxon in the US. Contemporarily in Australia all the Energy Giants whether it be oil and gas or electricity have board approved strategies to move on climate change and nearly all leaders in these companies (CEO and CFO) are leading. All the recent press is basically reflecting this, industry knows action is required and are asking for bi partisan certainty on how to proceed so they can get on with it.

1 Like

Only 96 years ago, going, going, almost gone.

Then whatā€™s with the crazy policies like wanting to build new coal fired plants? Just Gina and her Minerals Council heavies and fear of 8 years of rabid opposition becoming irrelevant?

Edit: I hear the same things from a mate based in England and UAE who works in large renewables projects. Heā€™s not as across Australiaā€™s situation these days but is usually either laughing or shaking his head every time the government goes another step backwards policy wise.