Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

Maybe I need some help with this, because I’m confused.
Is anyone suggesting it’s practical to keep Hazelwood running?
Is anyone suggesting it’s responsible to build a new coal power station using tax dollars when none of those commie hippy financiers will back it?

I don’t understand why this is even a discussion.

5 Likes

Pretty good move by Trumble, politically. Coal is a dead duck that the far right keep squeezing (literally, in parliament) and wind and solar are political cyanide for the LNP. Hyro was built before energy sources were politicised so can’t really be touched. Progressive state governments and the private sector will continue along the renewables pathway and this will supplement it nicely.

1 Like

None of this would be a problem if it wasn’t for wind turbines.

Am I doing far right right?

1 Like

Seems a good move to me. Though, I notice next step is Feasibility Study. Might have gone a too hard, too early if not feasible.

You mean working poor Indian children

1 Like

Yes, I noticed that afterwards too. Immediately makes you think of high speed rail and trains to airports.

No whinging, just pointing out facts. This post from WUWT may help you with the mechanics of renewables where it outlays how SA can be powered by wind power alone (no evil CO2 producing gas). I have done a quick calculation of the weekly cost to the average consumer but I will let you do your own. Please include interest on capital costs, maintainance, life expectancy and replacement costs on equipment on a per capita basis for a population of 1,677,000 people.

Trigger warning.

You just make me angry sorfed. You made those points 1 to 5 above; I addressed them and now because you have no idea about anything, change the subject to an article about SA and renewable energy.

Miskelly and Quirk are both hardly independent commentators as both have vested interests in the current power supply shambles. And I do not give a crap what it costs to save our environment.

These blokes are saying that SA needs to spend $90 billion on battery storage, that is $90,000,000,000. I have battery storage at my office for our solar system which gives us 12.5 kWh which I am told is massive for a home, it cost $5000, and again I am told that the new Li batteries will be 50% of that. So even at $5000, $90,000,000,000 will do 18 million homes !!! Do you own sums, and then tell some-one who cares what you think.

1 Like

He’s got a hunch that it’s all just wrong this renewables stuff. Look, his calculator proves it.

2.5kw is pretty small mr fox considering an average house will do about 25kw - 40kw per day. The Tesla powerwall 2 is 13.5kw.

He said it was for the office souly.

Low watt lighting, a couple of puters,a fridge Microwave and kettle, only occupied during panel producing hours in the main, … the few hours after sundown on occasion, … I imagine it’s just about enough for most of the time.

Sorfed makes post, saying unintelligible largely garbage stuff, … BF posts back with all the facts…

sorfed ignores facts, points, and the sinking, and ploughs on with more right wing flunky propaganda …

2 Likes

misprint by me it is 12.5 kW

1 Like

Neh neh ne neh neh.

1 Like

wot ?

That’s for BSD.

I thought SA didn’t have an energy problem.

No one said that. It’s just not caused by wind power which is the barrow you’re always pushing. It’s cute. Like a little Trumble wanna be.

Of course it’s not. Just one big happy coincidence.

Not far now from Victoria turning the tap off for SA. Then we shall see even more coincidences.

How many times do you need to be reminded that rolling blackouts have been a thing in SA since before they had a single wind farm? What we go through all of this again for a couple of weeks, you disappear for a couple of days and then come back with the same argument hoping no one noticed?