Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

After 2 days in hospital I’m back. Give me a little time to get organised and I will set you one question a day.

Ah bugger it, I don’t need time.
Polydeukes:
Why YAD06?

Hope you’re ok. Hope it wasn’t too nasty.

Thanks, 3rd bout of heart failure.

That’s no good! Glad you’re home again though.

■■■■ happens.
Trouble is, the older you get, the more often it happens.

Something to look forward to then, lol.

No good. I hope you have a decent cardiologist.

I do.

Time stays, we go.
H. L. Mencken

1 Like

Go read some science papers. Seriously. You want to debate something that’s undebatable until there is contradicting science. There might one day be, but for now there isn’t. Read the journals. Read the source material. And don’t just read something from 1997, for everyone’s sake read the latest papers that stand on the shoulders of giants. Don’t let someone else interpret for you. I don’t play games on this forum, I don’t bother debating global warming like I don’t bother debating that the earth is round and orbits the sun or that Carlton are a pack of ■■■■■.

And finally, I just hope you’re OK. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

For those who are genuinely interested in climate science, the entire Yale course, covering everything about climate science from basics to global warming, is available at http://openmedia.yale.edu/projects/iphone/departments/gg/gg140.html

If you genuinely want to be informed about the science, here is a prime place to go.

2 Likes

YAD06 was the whole basis of Michael Mann’s Hockey Stick chart a vital part of the warming panic stirred up by Al Gore.
Briffa took 33 tree samples at Yamal but selected only one for temperature reconstruction to enable Mann.
One tree selected, 32 trees ignored.

As an Essendon supporter I thought you might have seen the irony of “leave out the bits we don’t need”

2 Likes

■■■ that Data is nearly as old as @Alan_Noonan_10

Stop farking biting.
Let the bridge dwellers wither.

4 Likes

Interesting opinion piece by Robert Gottliebson the other day.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/opinion/robert-gottliebsen/robert-gottliebsen-a-plan-to-avoid-a-power-crisis/news-story/83a24a0c90cf38c553d6bd605b24fe04

Luckily for the priviliged Greens, most of them have enough money to buy a backup generator and have it installed in their Glebe or Brunswick terrace. Or they live close enough to the city to walk or cycle.

Unluckily for most of the plebs and bogans in the suburbs, they cannot and will be forced to pay for their selfishness.

The national emergency set to be created by the Australian power and energy crisis is only just becoming apparent.

It is the most serious peacetime issue this country has faced since the depression.

The commonwealth government has started to tackle gas but they have yet to take action on electricity.

I have privately consulted with a number of best energy experts in Australia so, with their help, today I want to put forward a three-part solution.

As I pointed out yesterday, power prices are set to double and gas prices will rise substantially over the next 12 to 18 months. Blackouts in New South Wales and Victoria will take place on hot days when there is no wind (that is usually about 10 — 15 days a year).

Australia’s employment industries will be ravaged and vast amounts of consumer discretionary spending will be diverted to energy from other sources.

This emergency has been caused by political incompetence in Victoria, New South Wales and to a lesser extent Canberra. There is no simple solution but the three basic actions I map out will prevent a national disaster.

Yeah, but why bother when you can just try poking holes in specific details and then feel that hormone let down when you see people who aren’t in your political ‘castle in the air’ getting irritated.

I won’t post the full article but the ‘first’ off shore wind farm put up in 1991 was dismantled recently. 11 of them in total and made a total of 243GWh of power.

The interesting part is that seven of the largest offshore wind turbines today can produce that total in a single year.

Decommissioned cause it was due for an upgrade and is tiny compared to modern turbines and also was only about 1.5km from shore where they are now put 100 / 200km from shore.

As for the environmental cost of building and removing the turbine, the turbine paid for its environmental costs in under 7 months.

Whoever upgrades the humble battery to something that can keep up with all these advancements is going to make a lot of money.

Lol. Had no clue what YAD06 even was, … and then went and looked on Brietbart news for something to say to attack it.

You’ve just got to laugh, it’s as transparent as fark.

On Earth Day you are laughing at the keystone of Al Gore’s An Inconvenient Truth? Careful, you may be branded a “DENIER”

On the lighter side you will be pleased to know that I have, as requested done a little research and have discovered proof that climate change exists (not that i can recall anyone denying it)

Further proof that white men are responsible is the Washington DC March for Science, scheduled for April 22, was planning to have Bill Nye, the Science Guy, function as the event’s first honorary co-chair, but then made a startling discovery.

Nye is white.

A post from the organisers.

This is what science is descending into, politics and a grab for cash.

Finally some predictions from the infallible climate experts of the first Earth Day in 1970,

Denis Hayes, the chief organizer for the first Earth Day, wrote, “It is already too late to avoid mass starvation.”

Senator ■■■■■■■ Nelson, the founder of Earth Day, stated, “Dr. S. Dillon Ripley, secretary of the Smithsonian Institution, believes that in 25 years, somewhere between 75 and 80 percent of all the species of living animals will be extinct.”

Peter Gunter, a professor at North Texas State University, stated, “… by 1975 widespread famines will begin in India; these will spread by 1990 to include all of India, Pakistan, China and the Near East, Africa. By the year 2000, or conceivably sooner, South and Central America will exist under famine conditions…. By the year 2000, thirty years from now, the entire world, with the exception of Western Europe, North America, and Australia, will be in famine.”

Paul Ehrlich, author of The Population Bomb, predicted that between 1980 and 1989, 4 billion people, including 65 million Americans, would starve to death.

Life Magazine wrote, “… by 1985 air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight reaching earth by one half.”

Ecologist Kenneth Watt stated, “The world has been chilling sharply for about twenty years. If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age.”

Watt also stated, “By the year 2000, if present trends continue, we will be using up crude oil at such a rate…that there won’t be any more crude oil.”

How did that lot work out?

**** REALLY? the mans name G.a.y.l.o.r.d is being censored? ****

2 Likes

We’re all doomed. Doomed I tell you.

1 Like